What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloaded iTunes U films not loud enough

Aloha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I downloaded some "iTunes U" scientific films and want to see them in the train with the earphones, but the sound is to low. Is there any way to push the loudness? Or are there any accessories to resolve that "problem"?

Thank You for every hint

Aloha

OP
A

Aloha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really nobody has an idea about that subject?

Simonkey75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipad-answers.com
Hi Aloha

The problem is two-fold. Generally the iPad's output through the headphone socket is plenty loud, and while it's probably possible to buy headphones with built in amplification, you'd run into distortion problems, especially on spoken word material, which I presume as scientific films the videos mainly are.

The main issue is with the videos. If the sound has been mixed too low in them originally, then short of demuxing the video and audio in a video editor, normalizing the audio and then recombining the two streams it's hard to see what can be done. The iPad can only work with what's in the original video, after all.

Sorry couldn't be of more help - it might be a case that the offending videos will have to reserved for home watching, sadly.

OP
A

Aloha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi "Simonkey75",

Thank You for Your message and Your explanation. I^ll try thwe method by video editor.

Best regards

Aloha

Most reactions