What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download stops

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When exiting safari, downloading stops and starts over when opening safari again. Is there a way to let the download keep running while using another app?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When downloading a podcast from iTunes yesterday I exited and went to iPod to listen to it but it wasn't there so I went back to iTunes and it had stopped downloading. I started it again and waited for it to finish then looked for it. It was there. I've never had to wait for a download before. It usually downloads in the background. Did you guys find out why the download stopped?

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Hayles66
You misunderstood; I mean downloading in Safari (Safari Download Manager), not downloading in iTunes.
Downloading from other apps like the Appstore works fine.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sorry! I'd still like to know if I'm alone to downloading in the background.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I'm sorry! I'd still like to know if I'm alone to downloading in the background.

Downloading in the background works fine. Just not for Safari Download Manager! So you're not alone?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are downloading an app, and you open another app, the download pauses. Same with safari download enabled. You would need something like backgrounder to make it keep going.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ahh! Thank you Graywolf. I thought it was happening recently because it said there was an error downloading it and I thought it was a recent thing.
We are gurus together.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
If you are downloading an app, and you open another app, the download pauses. Same with safari download enabled. You would need something like backgrounder to make it keep going.

My downloads do not pause when exiting Safari, they just cancel and start over whenever I reopen Safari.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But your a super guru. :) by post count.

Rudy, it does the same thing for me. Give backgrounder a try and only set it for safari.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
But your a super guru. :) by post count.

Rudy, it does the same thing for me. Give backgrounder a try and only set it for safari.

Backgrounder is the solution!
Just one problem... Even though I set it ONLY for Safari... Some other apps are standard backgrounded too. (mail, facetime etc)
How can I stop these from backgrounding?

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved. Didn't understand the "override" function. Now backgrounder works for Safari only; and the download does't stop!
Great!

Most reactions

Latest posts