1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Download on slow broadband

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by RayRJackson, Oct 24, 2011.

1. RayRJackson

RayRJackson iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live in a rural area with slow broadband and every time I try to download an update to the iPad OS it times out in spite of the download seemingly working for >4 hours. What can I do?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,695 / 0
    I am going to assume you are trying to get the new iOS 5 firmware...

Sometimes, Apple's servers are slow or are under such a load that they bog down.

So, try getting the firmware from our link here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

It may work better, but no guarantees. Oh, and make sure you grab the firmware specific for your device...

If that doesn't work - all I can suggest is to go to a library or another public WiFi and download there. They're bound to be faster. Or, go to an Apple store, where I am sure they can help you get the update.

Good luck.

Marilyn