What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download on slow broadband

RayRJackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in a rural area with slow broadband and every time I try to download an update to the iPad OS it times out in spite of the download seemingly working for >4 hours. What can I do?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to assume you are trying to get the new iOS 5 firmware...

Sometimes, Apple's servers are slow or are under such a load that they bog down.

So, try getting the firmware from our link here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

It may work better, but no guarantees. Oh, and make sure you grab the firmware specific for your device...

If that doesn't work - all I can suggest is to go to a library or another public WiFi and download there. They're bound to be faster. Or, go to an Apple store, where I am sure they can help you get the update.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions