What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

download manager for app store

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there such a thing? i've been wrestling with downloading the "noteshelf" app, but it always stops at less than 10%... for SIX HOURS!

any recommendation would be appreciated...

btw, i am not using any pc (with itunes)...

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bandaid solution. if the slider indicating the progress of loading stops for more than 25 seconds, press the icon to pause loading and then press it again to resume loading... it works, but is a crude way to go about it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love your 'bandaid solution' - very clever. Is this an Internet bandwidth issue? The Internet protocol, TCP/IP, is very delay/bandwidth/congestion sensitive. It interprets packet loss or network delay as being due to congestion and then backs off in order to avoid flooding the network with packets if it's already congested. If there are problems that cause packet loss and/or delay that are not congestion related, then TCP/IP can become 'confused' and erroneously backs off, reducing the data rate dramatically.

Try running an Internet speed test app - there are several web sites out there that will do this automatically - and see what net (as opposed to 'gross') data rate you're getting and what the 'latency' (delay) is. This might give us a clue as to what's happening.

Tim

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here it is...

Attachments

• image-3605863128.png
    image-3605863128.png
    343.9 KB · Views: 304

Most reactions