What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download itunes songs to ipad mini2

redfox37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 13gb of music in itunes on my PC, want to physically download a portion of this to my ipad which has 11gb of space. I have itunes match but sycning doesnt do any good when I leave home with the ipad, like on a trip (WIFI only ). I did it recently but cannot replicate the process or get any info from Apple documents or the Internet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you don't want to sync the entire library, you can choose to sync selected playlists, artists, genres, or albums.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Even with iTunes Match turned on, songs that you sync manually should stay on the iPad (provided there is enough room). Or at least that's how it worked when I last had iTunes Match. Hold in mind this is not automatic. You have to perform a sync with your computer for it to work, and changes to you playlists or music won't update (for local storage) until the next iTunes sync.

The other songs and playlists will still show up, but should have the little cloud symbol next to them (to show they are not stored locally). Unless they've been played recently, that is. In that case iTunes Match will keep the arround for a while in case you want to play them again (memory premitting).

Most reactions