What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download fm ftp site

Ranga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
How do i download a file into iPad from an ftp server? I'm able to open the file from that site, but unable to download so that i can use the file even when i'm out of range. Appreciate your response.
Thanks

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about FTP sites, but when Safari opens a file (typically a PDF) from a website, you can long touch the screen and you get the Open In... dialog, which lets you keep them in iBooks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the universally acclaimed (by Forum members!) iPad app GoodReader. Among its multitude of talents, is the ability to download from FTP servers - no problem at all. It's very fairly priced, frequently updated with new features (always a good sign!) and no one has a bad word to say about it - and you know how willing people are to complain on a Forum!!

Have a look at it in the iPad's native 'App Store'.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions