What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

download and update of iOS 4.2

anand4853

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

My name is Anand and I live in Hyderabad, India.

I have iPod (Classic), iPod (touch), iPhone3G, iPad3Gwith Wifi. The last one was acquired a month back.

I connected my iPad to my laptop and asked for update. I was suggested to download and update an update of 551MB. All day yesterday, I tried to do the same. The download happens till about 550MB taking about 3 hrs and just before the download is to complete the link breaks ----------requiring to start the exercise all over. This happended thrice.

I did not have a problem downloading and updating iOS 4.2 on to my iPhone.

Please advise me of the problem and solution.

Thanks.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your having trouble downloading the file because it's too big and you have a slow internet connection, try going to a free WiFi cafe and download it with a laptop, or have a friend with a fast internet connection download it for you.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When a moderator deletes a post and gives the reason as "Link to non-Apple iOS software source", this does not mean you have another opportunity to post the link! This forum does not allow the discussion of cracked apps or acquiring software by any means other than that intended by the author, owner, publisher or developer and this include Apple's iOS software.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The posts that were deleted had links to an "alternate source" for the iOS 4.2.1 software which is against our rules.

OP
A

anand4853

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys. My first posyt was in tech section and some body suggested that I post the same in help sectoion. I hope I have not violated any rules of this forum.

Most reactions