What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading ipad from 3.2.2

Septimio2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
When I press shift-click the "restore" button comes up a window that requires extension *.ipsw but in firmware file I do not have any file with it, that way I am in dead-end street, because I can not run itunes in administrator mode. What to do to resolve this issue?
Thanks
Steve

bayer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shit i*m too late too. hopefully there comes a new jb

Last edited:
OP
S

simonnouwens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
editted the original post - hope it's helpfull to someone. Please read it, it cointains all the giving solutions in this topic.

Erik1online

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not working here either:

08/29/2010 11:58:43.281 Processing SHSH Request... 08/29/2010 11:58:43.343 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPad3G 3.2.1 (7B405)... 08/29/2010 11:59:58.171 This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 08/29/2010 11:59:58.187 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad3G 3.2.1 (7B405) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

TinyUmbrella V4.02.05

Waiting for new options ...

OP
S

simonnouwens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might try it yourself. Just fool around a bit with some options, try different settings etc. That's the way i figured this all out..

b_ball_diver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a way that i can downgrade my ipad, i tryed with umbrella
but it says ".... your te late"

i just bought my ipad an i updatet it to 3.2.2
so i never jailbreakted before

is there a way?
help please....:(
thanx

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problems with tiny umbrella. I updated it and tried. I even used an old version of tinyumbrealla and tried to no avail. Can someome please let us know if this means we cant jailbreak or if there is some type of work around? Is there anyway to download the shsh blobs somehow and use those to get the jailbreak?

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
Hello,

The problem is that each iPad has a different SHSH Blops. You must have your own Blops with. The firmware you want to downgrade. 2 weeks trying to downgrade and no results. I got my iPad with 3.2.2 from factory.

It seems that tinyumbrella is working just for people who saved the SHSHs of 3.2.1 and 3.2 If you didn't save your SHSHs Blops, there's nothing you can do.

I also tried to use my friend's SHSH , but, as I said, downgrading needs your own iPad's SHSH.

We must wait for a new way to downgrade , this is better than finding a way to jailbreak 3.2.2 because it seems to be impossible.

shiarua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its not impossible to jailbreak 3.2.2, there just isn't any way to do it at the moment because the jailbreak crews opted not to jailbreak 3.2.2 cause they wanted Apple to focus on actually improving the iOS, rather than wasting time on patching their jailbreak method.

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
Its not impossible to jailbreak 3.2.2, there just isn't any way to do it at the moment because the jailbreak crews opted not to jailbreak 3.2.2 cause they wanted Apple to focus on actually improving the iOS, rather than wasting time on patching their jailbreak method.
I think until September 15. The New Jailbreak tool for 3.2.2 and 4.0.2 will come.

Zelphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone found any working downgrade ?!?!?

I gotten my ipad last week with OD 3.2.1 but i upgraded it to 3.2.2 and now i am stuck !!!!
shucks...

Most reactions

Latest posts