What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading iPad 2

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible to downgrade to 5.1.1 from iOS 6 if u have SHSH blobs saved because I've tried redsn0w and TU but its just not happening

naveen2525

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nobody able to downgrade and restore your ios 6.0 to 5.1.1 or 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 if you are having all saved Shsh blobs also.for doing that wait for Redsn0w new version released tomorrow or day-after tomorrow.

OP
Mavlar81

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
naveen2525 said:
Nobody able to downgrade and restore your ios 6.0 to 5.1.1 or 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 if you are having all saved Shsh blobs also.for doing that wait for Redsn0w new version released tomorrow or day-after tomorrow.

Ok thank you Naveen

sneak3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was gonna create a topic on that...so just let me clear it out:

My ipad 2 is on 4.3.5 FW and id like to upgrade it top 5.1.1, not 6.0!

I have all the blobs locally and at cydias server.

Can I do it right now through ANY available way?

OP
Mavlar81

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sneak3 said:

Not that I know of Sneak, I have tried all other methods

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sneak3 said:

You should have done your update last week, before iOS 6 was released, it would have saved a lot of grief. Was your iPad ever on iOS 5.1.1? If not, there is no way to upgrade to an iOS that Apple is no longer signing. It's iOS 6 or nothing.

sneak3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh thank you, but the funny thing is that devteam says the following:

"iPad2 owners who have both 4.x blobs and 5.x blobs will always be able to downgrade to those versions, even once you come up to 6.0 and the 5.1.1 window closes (don’t do that yet though!). You need both 4.x and 5.x blobs to qualify for the 5.x downgrade even though you only wish to downgrade to 5.x (you need only your 4.x blobs to downgrade to 4.x)"

In other words, they say its possible but they dont actually say HOW to do it!

I have the ipad 2, I have all the blobs :/

OP
Mavlar81

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
You should have done your update last week, before iOS 6 was released, it would have saved a lot of grief. Was your iPad ever on iOS 5.1.1? If not, there is no way to upgrade to an iOS that Apple is no longer signing. It's iOS 6 or nothing.

What if I do have my 5.1.1 blobs?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A new version of redsn0w will be released to support restoring 5.1.1 if you have the appropriate blobs on iPad2 and iPad3. It has been announced but we have no release date yet. As soon as it is out we will let everyone know and you can expect a couple of tutorials on it too!

Until then, there is no way to do it, no matter what blobs you have saved.

sneak3

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, in my case it was on 5.1.1 before, but then I tried to restore it and some stuff failed. Then I had to go back to 4.3.5 and now Id really like to go 5.1.1 all the way.

I have ALL the blobs!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
A new version of redsn0w will be released to support restoring 5.1.1 if you have the appropriate blobs on iPad2 and iPad3. It has been announced but we have no release date yet. As soon as it is out we will let everyone know and you can expect a couple of tutorials on it too!

sneak3 said:
Yes, in my case it was on 5.1.1 before, but then I tried to restore it and some stuff failed. Then I had to go back to 4.3.5 and now Id really like to go 5.1.1 all the way.

I have ALL the blobs!

Check out the first quoted post and then stand by for the announcement.

sneak3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK thank you guys. Devteam announcement got me confused, that's all.

Will patiently wait for it :)

OP
Mavlar81

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Thanks so much because I was beginning to pull my hair out thinking i was doing something wrong lol

Most reactions

Latest posts