What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading from iOS 6

VaultBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new here. So I haven't really gotten a chance to look around much. However, I do have a question for all of you! I got an iPad 2 (Wi-Fi) and it came with iOS 5. As such, I don't have my SHSH blobs for iOS 4. I know the answer is probably no, but is there any way I can possibly downgrade from iOS 6 without?

Thanks everyone!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct - the answer is that you can't downgrade from iOS 6 (on the iPad2) without the blobs for 4.x. Sorry.

Marilyn

hanellelee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am also new, haha, and I joined to ask this one question.
I backed up my iPad to my computer while it was still in iOS 5.1.1
Can I find the shsh blobs from the back up? Because I really dislike iOS 6
Thanks so much!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hanellelee said:
Hi, I am also new, haha, and I joined to ask this one question.
I backed up my iPad to my computer while it was still in iOS 5.1.1
Can I find the shsh blobs from the back up? Because I really dislike iOS 6
Thanks so much!

Your blobs aren't stored in the backup. You can only get your blobs from Cydia, if you jailbroke your iPad or if you used tiny umbrella to save them. If you didn't save your blobs when Apple was signing iOS 5.1.1, you won't be able to downgrade. This only applies to the iPad 2. If you have the iPad 3, you can't downgrade even with blobs.

Most reactions

Latest posts