Downgrading from 7.0 to 6.1.2

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by srkhn, Sep 20, 2013.

1. srkhn

srkhn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi;

I upgrated my ipad(jailbroken 5.1.1) directly by itunes :( it works quite well. But now, id like to downgrade to 6.1.2. i did everthing but still cant fix "3194" problem.

connect ipad
    run TinyUmbrella / save shsh / start TSS server
    run itunes / shift + restore ipad / choose '6.1.2' file
    3194!!!
    Edited "host" file...
    Tried with DFU mode...

Doesn't work!

Im struggling with it for 5hrs.

Thanks.

2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, but you can't downgrade to iOS 6.1.2 on any iPad. The only iOS you can downgrade to is iOS 6.1.3 and I'm sure that won't be for very long as iOS 7 rolls out (Apple will cease approving/authorizing it shortly and you won't be able to downgrade to that version either.

Sorry, but that's it. You're on iOS 7 now, which is unjailbreakable. Just keep hoping a jail break is found (and released) soon for iOS 7.

Marilyn

3. srkhn

srkhn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your reply... Is it possible to get tweaks without JB ? I really need one :(

4. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No, sorry. The most you can do on a stock iPad is change the wallpaper. Sorry.

Marilyn

5. Lunar

Lunar
    Expand Collapse

6. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just an FYI ... Apple have stopped signing iOS 6.1.3. So, if you're on iOS 7, there're you'll stay. And, if you're hesitant about going up to iOS 7 from iOS 6, think hard about your decision - because there is no going back.

Just so's you know.

Marilyn

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  8. Lunar

Lunar
    Expand Collapse

Looks like I was fortunate then, though there are ways around it for the more venturious, as long as you have the required files. I'm sure Apple will get iOS 7 tweaked and some of the bugs sorted quite quickly anyway, it would be nice on all pads if they gave the user some control over colours, like we have on PC's. :)

9. Lunar

Lunar
    Expand Collapse

Apple have always closed the door to downgrade to the previous OS quite quickly, but can someone tell me why they do this ? Especially when the update is so different, I know of no other company who are so radical and strict with their firmware's when it come's to going back to a previous OS version. When microsoft introduced Windows 8, many users reverted back to Windows 7 because on desktop PC's in particular it was so different. If you upgrade your PC's bios you always have the option to go back to a previous version, infact if the user buys a product he likes and the manufacturer updates the firmware so the product no longer satisfies the customer but he's stuck with it, then surely the customer has a valid legal redress with that manufacturer. Therfore as you have stated, users should be very cautious and understand the implications when considering whether to ugrade or not. On a separate subject can one of the MODS tell me why my return key has stopped functioning when posting on this site, hence why I can't enter a new line...lol Only seems to do it on here ? very strange.

10. srkhn

srkhn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    6.1.3 is not jailbroken right? So no need to be sorrow :)