What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading from 7.0 to 6.1.2

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi;

I upgrated my ipad(jailbroken 5.1.1) directly by itunes :( it works quite well. But now, id like to downgrade to 6.1.2. i did everthing but still cant fix "3194" problem.

connect ipad
run TinyUmbrella / save shsh / start TSS server
run itunes / shift + restore ipad / choose '6.1.2' file
3194!!!
Edited "host" file...
Tried with DFU mode...

Doesn't work!

Im struggling with it for 5hrs.

Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but you can't downgrade to iOS 6.1.2 on any iPad. The only iOS you can downgrade to is iOS 6.1.3 and I'm sure that won't be for very long as iOS 7 rolls out (Apple will cease approving/authorizing it shortly and you won't be able to downgrade to that version either.

Sorry, but that's it. You're on iOS 7 now, which is unjailbreakable. Just keep hoping a jail break is found (and released) soon for iOS 7.

Marilyn

OP
srkhn

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply... Is it possible to get tweaks without JB ? I really need one :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just an FYI ... Apple have stopped signing iOS 6.1.3. So, if you're on iOS 7, there're you'll stay. And, if you're hesitant about going up to iOS 7 from iOS 6, think hard about your decision - because there is no going back.

Just so's you know.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
L

Lunar

The signing window for iOS 6.1.3 closed yesterday, it is no longer possible to downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.3.
Looks like I was fortunate then, though there are ways around it for the more venturious, as long as you have the required files. I'm sure Apple will get iOS 7 tweaked and some of the bugs sorted quite quickly anyway, it would be nice on all pads if they gave the user some control over colours, like we have on PC's. :)

L

Lunar

Apple have always closed the door to downgrade to the previous OS quite quickly, but can someone tell me why they do this ? Especially when the update is so different, I know of no other company who are so radical and strict with their firmware's when it come's to going back to a previous OS version. When microsoft introduced Windows 8, many users reverted back to Windows 7 because on desktop PC's in particular it was so different. If you upgrade your PC's bios you always have the option to go back to a previous version, infact if the user buys a product he likes and the manufacturer updates the firmware so the product no longer satisfies the customer but he's stuck with it, then surely the customer has a valid legal redress with that manufacturer. Therfore as you have stated, users should be very cautious and understand the implications when considering whether to ugrade or not. On a separate subject can one of the MODS tell me why my return key has stopped functioning when posting on this site, hence why I can't enter a new line...lol Only seems to do it on here ? very strange.

OP
srkhn

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6.1.3 is not jailbroken right? So no need to be sorrow :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
... [snip]...
On a separate subject can one of the MODS tell me why my return key has stopped functioning when posting on this site, hence why I can't enter a new line...lol Only seems to do it on here ? very strange.

Are you using the IPF app (the purple icon one)? It appears as if this app hasn't been updated, so it's not playing well with iOS 7. All we can do is wait for the developer to do an update.

But, maybe you could hurry them along by reporting your issues to them? I figure the more emails/contacts they get, the better, right? :)

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
…On a separate subject can one of the MODS tell me why my return key has stopped functioning when posting on this site, hence why I can't enter a new line...lol Only seems to do it on here ? very strange.
Are you using the IPF app (the purple icon one)? It appears as if this app hasn't been updated, so it's not playing well with iOS 7. All we can do is wait for the developer to do an update. But, maybe you could hurry them along by reporting your issues to them? I figure the more emails/contacts they get, the better, right? :) Marilyn
I've been using the app in iOS 7 since the first beta version was released back in June. The return key hasn't given me any problems at all.

This is strange as it appears that the problem, whatever is is, is not universal. I second Marilyn's advice about contacting the app developer.

L

Lunar

Are you using the IPF app (the purple icon one)? It appears as if this app hasn't been updated, so it's not playing well with iOS 7. All we can do is wait for the developer to do an update.

But, maybe you could hurry them along by reporting your issues to them? I figure the more emails/contacts they get, the better, right? :)

Marilyn
Hi Marilyn, its not a app problem, it works fine on my ipads, It just does it when using my Desktop PC, certainly strange as I've had no issues with my PC on other forums none that I've noticed anyway. I'm currently trying different things to see if I can find out whats causing it. ie. Exlorer settings, char maps, keyboard setting and driver etc. But AIS it's okay on the ipads, though I don't use your dedicated app, I just use Safari to use your forum.

L

Lunar

Further to my previous issue above where on my PC desktop when on the forum, I could not get the enter key to do anything making it awkward to make my posts more readable as I could'nt move to a new line. It worked fine BTW if I accessed the forum via the ipad, IOW the problem was only on the PC for some reason.

Anyway I have now resolved the problem on the PC. I tried a few things before finding the cause, it was obviously MS Internet Explorer 10 itself, the solution was to enable 'Compatability Mode' and the return key then worked okay on the forum.. so problem sorted, but thought I'd mention it for the benefit of the Mods in case another user at some point experiences the same issue on their PC where the return key fails to do anything when posting on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

gobbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a question on the thread topic. When ios 7 jailbreak comes out, will that also mean that we will be able to downgrade Ipad 4 back to ios 6 if we have shsh blobs saved?

Most reactions

Latest posts