What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrade iOS8 to iOS6

jasonkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I jailbroken my iPad 3 when it was iOS6, i save the blob shsh. Now I was on iOS8, can i downgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 6??

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I jailbroken my iPad 3 when it was iOS6, i save the blob shsh. Now I was on iOS8, can i downgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 6??
I'm afraid that there's no way for you to downgrade the iOS version on your iPad. Having blobs makes no difference. Once Apple stops signing an iOS version, you can no longer download that version of iOS to your iPad. The only iOS version currently being signed for the iPad 3 is iOS 8.1.2.

OP
J

jasonkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid that there's no way for you to downgrade the iOS version on your iPad. Having blobs makes no difference. Once Apple stops signing an iOS version, you can no longer download that version of iOS to your iPad. The only iOS version currently being signed for the iPad 3 is iOS 8.1.2.
Thanks for your reply. But if I download the firmware from 3rd party? Can I restore it with blobs? ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. But if I download the firmware from 3rd party? Can I restore it with blobs? ?
It's not possible, part of the upgrade/downgrade process is an online verification with the Apple servers. The verification and the upgrade/downgrade will fail if the iOS version you are attempting to go to is no longer being signed.

Having blobs makes no difference whatsoever. In fact, blobs no longer serve any useful purpose, but it's recommended that they be saved just in case a future use may be found for them.

Most reactions

Latest posts