What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Down Under is more iPad friendly

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A report says that due to the lawsuite from Apple about patent infringement from Samsung, the Galaxy Tab will no longer be offered for sale in Australia. I hate seeing the competition deterred by legalities, but I also hate seeing millions in research spending pirated like they do so consistently in China.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 blocked from sale in Australia

A report says that due to the lawsuite from Apple about patent infringement from Samsung, the Galaxy Tab will no longer be offered for sale in Australia. I hate seeing the competition deterred by legalities, but I also hate seeing millions in research spending pirated like they do so consistently in China.

I would not say no more ipad friendly its the opposite it is Samsung that has the problem

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So why is this not the case worldwide, why only Australia....or is it that just a test trial!?

The galaxy was due to be released in August in Australia That is now delayed due to the law suit and has been blocked in court. I am unsure if Apple Australia is driving this or it is Apple USA.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was meant to say more friendly, but I got finger tied and could not change it. The iPad is a phenom in that none of the competition units have been able to get a foothold. Most of that comes from the way that Apple created a system atop the trust system they already had with the app store/itunes. The same reason why Apple is the number one smart phone manufacturer. Right now, they expect that the only real competition is going to come from Amazon. They already have a huge number of credit cards on file, an app store, and one of the biggest video and music online store. All the rest will fall by the wayside. The main opportunity for the others will be to concentrate on business applications where outfits like HP have a strong sales presence.

Last edited:

macluck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was, for one thing, an infinitely smaller problem
11.png

Most reactions