What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Down loading apps

Totalltony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this iPad about a month lately every time i try to down load an app it says I must be connected to wifi or computer. What's wrong?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be you are trying to download apps that are too large for download via wifi. Can't remember what the limit is, but there's no way round it as far as I know.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The limit for downloading an app via 3G (or 4G/LTE) is 50mb. Anything larger than that does require you to be on WiFi (or to use your computer).

And, with apps getting more and more detailed, I'm not surprised you are finding more and more that require WiFi...

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a workaround to the 50MB 3G and LTE download limit, if you need the app and there is no WiFi available. If you have a phone capable of generating a WiFi hotspot, you can tether to your ipad and download an app of any size to your iPad. The caveat is that you will be using up your monthly data allowance at an alarming rate.

Last edited:

Most reactions