What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dowloading music cd,s

pinhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I begin to get music cd,s on to my ipad ??

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you own the CD, you can rip them with iTunes on your PC or Mac. Or, you can buy mp3's from iTunes or Amazon or Google. Maybe others, too.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best thing to do is to load your CDs into iTunes (which it can easily do) and then sync them over to the iPad. I loaded over 200+ CDs into iTunes about 10 years ago and they are still doing fine - even through several computer changes, iTunes upgrades and various changing of iDevices.

Then, you can put the CDs away cause you'll be able to access those songs any time through iTunes. Yep - it'll be a pain in the ... knee :))) ... to put CDs into iTunes as it does take time to do each one. But, once it's done, you're golden! :)

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
pinhead

pinhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thxs for that but iTunes won't download on me of for some reason ?? Cheers

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thxs for that but iTunes won't download on me of for some reason ?? Cheers

I'm sorry for asking - but if you can't get iTunes, what are you using to sync your iPad with? And, what are you using to make backups for your iPad - just in case?

It may be just me - but I'd hate not having a backup of my iPad.... :) There's nothing wrong with not having/using iTunes, but its the best I've seen for managing the iPad (IMNSHO, of course).

But, that was the only solution I had - so, sorry, but I got nothing else. If you wish, let us know what type of errors you are getting when you try to download iTunes. Maybe we can help you get it installed? Cause, it really is the easiest way to manage songs (and movies and books and apps and etc.) on the iPad. Again, my humble opinion. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts