What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double Photos

ozychris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help me. I have an Ipad 4.
I have many doubles of photos on my ipad and I can't delete them.
I have been though itunes, removed all the photos, checked the directory I am loading them from and there are no doubles there.
When I re sync them with the ipad they are double on there again.
Always the same photos and not all photos are double. I do not understand.

Any help would be appreciated.
Chris

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ozychris said:
Hi

Can anyone help me. I have an Ipad 4.
I have many doubles of photos on my ipad and I can't delete them.
I have been though itunes, removed all the photos, checked the directory I am loading them from and there are no doubles there.
When I re sync them with the ipad they are double on there again.
Always the same photos and not all photos are double. I do not understand.

Any help would be appreciated.
Chris

Mac or pc?
I've always had trouble with photos and my iPad one way or another.
-When you remove all the photos from the iPad, check and see that all the pictures are really gone
-Make sure you don't have any of the same photos in cameras roll or another folder
-Are you importing one folder or several folders, because it is possible you have duplicates in different folders and it imports them both

OP
O

ozychris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a PC.
I checked the photos where off my iPad.
I am importing from one folder (specially made for the purpose) and have done it a few times but it makes no difference.
It makes no sense to me at all especially as not all double up but it is always the same ones.

OP
O

ozychris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I had deleted the cache.
Tried again, turned Ipad off. Deleted cache. Even moved the folder to a different directory on my PC.
No matter what I do i still end up with doubles. This is so annoying.
Please, someone must have another idea.

Thanks for replies so far.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, some troubleshooting ideas, to maybe narrow the problem down.

Turn off Photos syncing in iTunes on the computer, then sync. All synced photos should be removed. Check the Photos app and see what is left. If any of the duplicate photos are there, it's not a syncing issue.

Back in iTunes, when you choose to sync again use the Selected folders/albums option. Select and sync only one album at a time, and check in between for the duplicates. That should at least tell you where to look on the computer side for problems.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck.

OP
O

ozychris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi , thanks, I have already done all this. I amonly sincing one album and it does not contain duplicates . I have erased the iPad and
checked it was empty so many times I am sick of doing it.
Thanks anyway

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. I've got no idea what is going on.

I don't know when you got your iPad 4, but it came with 90 days of free tech support. If your still in the period you might try giving Apple Tech Support a call. If you're near an Apple Store, an appointment with the genius bar might be another good option.

If either of these pan out, please let us know what happened. Maybe next time we'll have an answer.

OP
O

ozychris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I got the iPad for Christmas. I don't live close to an apple store but have them ringing me today. Maybe they can help me sort it out. Will let you know

OP
O

ozychris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Problem solved. I don't understand why but when I spoke to the Ipad person he suggested I make a new folder and put some photes in, when I synced that it didn't double. Now I had all my photos in it and it is fine. Got me?
I guess I will never know.

Thanks for the suggestions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. Well sometimes that's the way it is. The iPad was probably afraid the next step would be to send it in for an operation. :)

I'm glad you got it straightened out, though I know how unsatisfying a mystery fix can be. And thanks for letting us know what happened.

Most reactions