What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dot on the middle of my screen!!!!

Jeruz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smeone help me is this a serious problem? It showd like yesterday D:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the dot show all the time, or only at certain times? As in, when you don't have an app open, do you see it? If you DO have an app open, do you see it? Is it tiny or big? Can you take a screen shot of it and show us?

The only thing I can think of that cause any dots in the viewing of the iPad screen are dead pixels. This is a hardware fault that will require you to take the iPad back to Apple for repair/replacement. Unfortunately, there's no software fix for a dead pixel, that I am aware of although you can try to reset or restart your iPad and see if that helps.

Good luck and sorry for your trouble.

Marilyn

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My hubby & I have PSPs(first gen phat ones, hacked). And sometimes his will get a stuck pixel. You can try to get it unstuck yourself by downloading a flashlight app that will have many colors you can choose from. Then go thru all the colors a couple of times quickly. This will sometimes unstick a stuck pixel. But if it's a dead pixel(no longer produces color, just black & unlit) then you'll need to take it back to Apple as there is nothing you can do about it yourself.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had a couple of dead pixels (the white kind) on my iPad 2 for a few months, and nothing has changed during that time. Sometimes dead pixels spread, I've read, but I don't know that for a fact. Apple will usually replace a device that's under warranty if you have dead pixels, but I haven't gotten around to it; it hasn't bothered me much.

OP
Jeruz

Jeruz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually i only have 1 very tiny white dot in the middle of my ipad screen....anyways where can i get my warranty card? Does it automatically counts even tho i dont have a warranty card or something? I'm worried since i bought this in other market and not on apple shop...will they still replace it or no? Or maybe guys u can suggest me to stay with it since my ipad is just perfect just that white in the middle of the screen and my ipad has no light bleeding...so what can u suggest me? Just additional info the deadpixel is really small i cant barely see it when am usingan application but its quite visible when the screen is closed. And its only 1 deadpixel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dead pixels come in black and white. As I mentioned, I have two white ones on my iPad 2, and I haven't bothered about them.

Your standard one-year warranty is with Apple, not where you bought your iPad. You can take your iPad to an Apple store if you like. There's no warranty card. Apple will be able to look up your info with the serial number on your device.

OP
Jeruz

Jeruz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh...rhanks alot for ur help guys..made mefeel comfortable xD and secured lol..tnx againand God Bless

OP
Jeruz

Jeruz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyways is the warranty international? And with this pixel problem will they exchange it really fast without any problem? Thank you :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The warranty is indeed international. As for replacing quick, who knows, you won't unless you get it back to them.

The Archangel

OP
Jeruz

Jeruz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
The warranty is indeed international. As for replacing quick, who knows, you won't unless you get it back to them.

The Archangel

Ah.....okie tnx....so maybe the best thing to do is...keep this ipad with me for awhile then before thewarranty ends i'll exchange it :)

ChaystEr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got that dead pixel also.. One tiny speck of dot it is noticeable when the background app is dark (usually if black) the dead pixel though is colored.. I am not bothersome of it for the meantime but i plan to have it check by next year.. Before the one month accidental insurance will expire.. Who knows if it might grow its numbers now thats really a nuisance..

Most reactions

Latest posts