What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dose apps auto-close when we shut it?

Thanhdao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if we close the application. Does it completely close or it still run? I heard some one mention that when we close the application it still run for about 30 mins before completely close. So assume it is the case that these application still running, how can we know it and how to shut it completely?. In addition, dose it harm the ipad battery if it not completely shut.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say 'close the application' it depends exactly what you mean by that. If you simply mean 'switch to another application' - say moving from iPod to Pages then, no, the application - or at least some of its functionality - is still active.

If you mean, double-click the Home button to open the multi-task bar, then press and hold any icon until they jiggle, then press the '-' on the upper left-hand corner to close the application, then - no - no activity is left operational, as far as I'm aware.... and I've just checked and - for the apps I looked at (iPod) - I am right

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts