What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't want to lose apps

GrumpyOldFart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have stock ipad 2, recntly had to reinstall windows 7 and itunes. Now if I try to sync ipad, it says it will erase all my existing aps on the ipad. Is there a way to use the aps on the ipad ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the dialog offers a Transfer Purchases choice, use it. Otherwise cancel out of the dialog, right click on your iPad under the Devices lists to the left, and choose Transfer Purchases.

When it is done go to the Apps page at the top of the screen, make sure all you apps are present and check-marked. It's not a bad idea to go through all the other sync settings also and make sure you have them set the way you want before syncing. Also look at the way the apps are layed out on the screen on the Apps page. If they are out of order try another Transfer Purchases and/or a backup (found in the same place as Transfer Purchases).

Warning: If you have pictures in the Photos app they will be deleted at the first sycn. If you do not have copies of them elsewhere you should back them up before doing anything else. I find the app PhotoSync works well for this. Be aware the photos synced to the iPad have been optimized, and may not be the same quality as the originals.

Last edited:
OP
G

GrumpyOldFart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had already done the sync without choosing the transfer. But I think I figured it out. I opened iTunes, went to iTunes store and found my purchased aps. I was then able to download them to lap top again, and they installed with next sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts