What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

don't k.ow if I should upgrade to iphone4...help

Dolfanpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an upgrade available through Verizon. I can get an upgrade to the iphone4 for 229$. But........I don't know if I should because there are things I like about the Droid x that may or may not be available on the iPhone......

Some things I like about the Droid x:
Its rooted and fast!
I love all the apps
I like Google maps and navigation I use it every day.
Voice search
Internet works pretty good
I'm worried some apps wont be available for iPhone
I like all my yahoo and Gmail contacts sync up

Things I don't like
BATTERY LIFE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKSSSS.
reboots on its own a lot.
Gets hot and occasionally bogs down.
Never can get on wifi that good...
If I think of some other things I will add them. But that's the gist if it.....

Now I know I'm gonna get everyone saying get the iPhone afterall this is an apple forum/ipad. I need some reasons to upgrade. What will be better? Worse? I mean I have the ipad, and love it! I wanna know if having an iPhone will it work somehow with the ipad? I'm also thinking of buying a used imac! I'm loving this ipad and think I would love an apple computer.....oh boy I don't know what to do!

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need some reasons to upgrade.
I'm tempted to say that if you love Android apps youll really love iOS apps. I never cared for the apps when I had the Evo or the Epic.

Battery life is WAY better on the iPhone4, and I don't have to turn WiFi off and on all the time to conserve power.

As far as reasons?!??? If you need REASONS you've already made up your mind... You're looking for excuses brother.

Youll miss the Nav. Android navigation is better that my wife's Garmin (we tested side by side on a couple of trips). I haven't been impressed with MapQuest (free) or CoPilot (5 bucks).

OP
D

Dolfanpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USBill said:
I'm tempted to say that if you love Android apps youll really love iOS apps. I never cared for the apps when I had the Evo or the Epic.

Battery life is WAY better on the iPhone4, and I don't have to turn WiFi off and on all the time to conserve power.

As far as reasons?!??? If you need REASONS you've already made up your mind... You're looking for excuses brother.

Youll miss the Nav. Android navigation is better that my wife's Garmin (we tested side by side on a couple of trips). I haven't been impressed with MapQuest (free) or CoPilot (5 bucks).

I think you stone cold busted me on that one lol.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love my iPhone. Everything is connected with my computer (yahoo calendar, contacts, etc). I have my movies on here too. Internet is VERY fast. Can honestly say that I haven't experienced any real problems. I thought I had a problem shortly after purchasing it, but took it to Apple (where they knew it was "operator malfunction") and not once did they argue. They politely exchanged it for a new one. It wasn't until after I got the hang of it that I realized "I" was the problem all along and NOT the device Customer service is always TOP NOTCH. in a society where customer service has died and been buried, it's nice to know that Apple is a cut above the rest. They truly appreciate their customers. Now, with that being said, I agree with the other poster about waiting until June to see what changes or new device is announced. Afterall, you really don't have a long wait considering April is just about over. Hang in there and wait to see what's rolled out. Good luck!

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to agree. I'm a PC, but I have an old Nano, and an iPod touch, plus the iPad 1.

When we picked up the iPhone back in March I was impressed with the experience. I was trying to decide if I needed a 32gb but leaning towards the 16 and the sales person actually reinforced my thinking that the 16 would be enough. When I couldn't decide on a case, instead of trying to "sell" me on something he showed me his personal phone, and told me didnt use a case.

It was a nice contrast to other stores where they are pushed to "upsell" you on everything.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMadHatter said:
If anything i would wait until june 6th when apple has its huge conference and they could announce and iphone 5

Is it normal for them to have some sort of a meeting on june 6th? Is that what they do every year?

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no reason to upgrade a phone right now. There are some Android superphones coming out within the next month including the Galaxy S II which is flat out amazing and the iPhone is due for an upgrade as well. Buying a year old phone and being tied to a two year contract with it is not a smart move.

Also, there are a ton of things you can do to increase the battery life of your Droid X. What kind of battery life are you getting with it? You should easily be able to get 24 hours with moderate use.

Last edited:

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMadHatter said:
If anything i would wait until june 6th when apple has its huge conference and they could announce and iphone 5

Is it normal for them to have some sort of a meeting on june 6th? Is that what they do every year?

Every summer Apple has their WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference) Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2011
Where they talk about upcoming iOS and OSX features. And previous years they have intro'd the new iPhones.

thomkat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As previously stated, a new iPhone is slated for this summer or fall. Its nice to be able to utilize the app store on a pocketable device, but if you already have an iPad you may or may not care about having another iOS device.

Most reactions