What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doesn't sync properly, driver not found

Lisajo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there somewhere I can download the driver from? My computer searches for it every time I plug my iPad into my laptop and then doesn't find it. I haven't been able to complete a sync su ce this has been happening. Have gone through the apple site with no luck. this has happened since updating my iPad.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean it is the iTune that give you that remark "Doesn't sync properly, driver not found" ?

OP
L

Lisajo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it says windows can't find driver.

OP
L

Lisajo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, when I go into device manager there is an explanation Mark next to ipad

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Program that loads the proper driver is the Apple iTune.
Since it seems that for some reason the driver is not there, I would suggest you reinstall iTune, and check again.

From your post it is not clear if at any given time the iTune DID work with your iPAD.
Didi it ?

OP
L

Lisajo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've reinstalled iTunes, twice. Yes it did work it all went wrong when I updated it though and hasn't worked since.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've reinstalled iTunes, twice. Yes it did work it all went wrong when I updated it though and hasn't worked since.

Updated iTune or iPAD ?

I had a problem after updating iPAD to 4.2.1

I had to move it to another iTune on another PC.

What is the iTune/iPAD you have ?

OP
L

Lisajo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated iTunes and iPad at the same time. It works fine on my daughters laptop with newest iTunes but really need it on my laptop. I've just plugged my iPhone 4 into my laptop and it did the dame saying windows is looking for drivers then failed and asked if I had a disk for iPhone. I never completely uninstalled iTunes I read I didn't need to, do you think that will help? I don't have an external hard drive here at the moment to back up my iTunes and really can't afford to loose the contents. It's driving me mad not to be able to sync though!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't think you any other choice.
You may copy aside ( Maybe not) all the iTune library.
If you have an XP computer it is :
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\My Music\iTunes
or something similar.
That's where all your *.ipa programs are sitting. also books ( If you sync)

Most reactions

Latest posts