What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doesn't open .exe

StarryN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my friend's iPad doesn't open .exe file...
anyone knows why, where's the problem?
the file opens in Win and Mac OS normally, just the iPad is the problem...

thnx

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ummm, iPad doesn't run .exe files?

To get "programs" on the iPad, you've got to get them from the App Store - either directly or via iTunes. They are called apps...

Marilyn

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
my friend's iPad doesn't open .exe file...
anyone knows why, where's the problem?
the file opens in Win and Mac OS normally, just the iPad is the problem...

thnx

Ok, I'll bite. What program on the Mac do the .exe files open in? That extension is for Window's executable files [programs] and shouldn't do a darn thing in OS X.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No matter what the question, short of obvious obnoxious argument starters, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt for at least the first post. Because, yes, some people really do know nothing about computers.

OP
S

StarryN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear iPad users,

didn't realize you were so agressive, i'll take my chance and reply... i still believe we live in a friendly world...

i guess iPad once again showed as a computer wannabe, the real thing is user adaptable and not the other way around... your reactions i might connet directly to realizing that fact... ;)

peace.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is not a "computer wannabe." The iPad fits the very definition of "computer."

com·put·er

 /kəmˈpyu
thinsp.png
tər/ Show Spelled[kuh
thinsp.png
m-pyoo-ter] Show IPA
–noun 1. Also called processor. an electronic device designed to accept data, perform prescribed mathematical and logical operations at high speed, and display the results of these operations. Compare analog computer, digital computer.

2. a person who computes; computist.

Origin:

1640–50; compute + -er1 ; cf. MF computeur

—Related forms com·put·er·like, adjective
non·com·put·er, adjective

A more accurate term would be "non-desktop" or "non-laptop" but the iPad is a computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts