What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your WiFi iPad show your location incorrectly?

saablady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This forum is so great. I'm a newbie and have a wifi only iPad2. Maps shows my location catty-corner across the road. Our road isn't shown in street view but the neighbors road is. So evidently Google picked up the neighbors router and uses it for this neighborhood. I'm not going to worry about it. If big brother ever comes after me, he'll get the neighbor instead. :)

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine targets the house across the street from me. Close enough for wifi only.

Bigguy1956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re - Issues with Tenda Routers on location services

Thanks for the advice, I went to the Skyhook site (submission page) entered the details they required firstly post/zip code or address then MAC address of the wireless of the wireless router. You can get this from 'Setting/ General/ About/ WiFi Address on the iPad or they point you in the direction of freeware programs to help you in your quest for the MAC address. I completed my form & submitted it and within 10 mins the problem was solved be aware that in some cases it can take up to seven days.

Most reactions

Latest posts