Does this app exist?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by CPGoldstein, Dec 17, 2010.

1. CPGoldstein

CPGoldstein iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Friends,

Is there an app that will allow me to DL a youtube video as a whole to place on my iPad? Or is it illegal as well?

Thanks!

-CP
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Its not an app, but there is a program called Freecorder4 (for Windows) Freecorder 4 - Free Video Downloader

This program pulls the video from the temp file and then converts it to MP4 format. You still have to sync the new file to your iPad like any other video file.

Is it legal? I am not a lawyer so I can't answer that!
  3. deckyon

deckyon iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Legal?
    1. Read the Terms and Conditions on Youtube.
    2. If Youtube wanted its videos to be downloadable, then there would be "Download Video Here" link directly on the Youtube site.
    3. Video Producer's (term used lightly) rights are also being violated. If you want a video from Youtube, contact the person who actually owns the rights to that video.
  4. Major Eazy

Major Eazy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It is illegal if you download a YouTube video then start selling tickets to your family, friends, or any people you never knew, so they could watch the video clip.

It is illegal if you copy the YouTube video to CD-Rs and then sell them off for £5 each (whatever curreny you use wherever you live).

In other words, it is only illegal if you attempt to make copies of the video and sell them off to make money for yourself.

The easier way to remember is: If you want to make money out of selling video clips, make your own video clips.

You may download a YouTube video clip and save it to your iPad IF you plan to keep it for yourself and to watch it whenever you want (to save yourself the time of having to log on to the Internet, find the clip, and download it again to watch it again), and that you do not plan to pass it on to others, ever if either free or to make money out of it. You'll be okay as long as you only keep it for yourself and watch it when you wish.

Hope this helps?
  5. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Cool - off to download my favorite eps of Never Mind the Buzzcocks (the one with Amy Winehouse and the one with Jamelia and Lily Allen)!
  6. chowdown

chowdown iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    How can I do this quickly and simply on a mac?? I'm happy to pay for a good, stable solution.

Please don't suggest keepvid.com, as that site has never worked for me on mac. Likewise the Firefox add-in.