What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the iPad keyboard annoy you?

Does the iPad keyboard annoy you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the size and responsiveness. The only issue I have is not having the characters I want available when I need them. Having to double-tap, bring up ssecondary menus/screens, whatever - its a little bit of a hassle. I suppose its also something that I need to get used to since Ive only had the unit for about 10 days!

Its a minor annoyance though... very minor. Overall, it works well.

Argentviking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I struggled some at first, my first touch screen anything. I soon tried various styli and found a huge difference. I now use a stylus
that has a soft and fat tip and I can type very fast with few missed letters. I paid way too much for the first one after an eBay
search for "premium stylus" but since have found other sellers with the same item @ 8 for an .01¢ starting bid. They come from
Hong Kong and make a tiny profit in the shipping fee but still cost less than a dollar each. I found that most styli out there have a
'too firm' tip. The bulbous air-filled soft tip works wonderfully. I am totally disabled and spend almost all hours in bed and write
profusely.

esackbauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
actually i like it alot and am now pretty used to it.
was abit annoyed that the split keyboard on ios 5 is too small for me to type correctly and quick ....

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's one of the main reasons I chose this over other tablets!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope! I can easily use the landscape one, and I'm really getting the hang of the split keyboard in portrait, and getting pretty good at that one too!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
not really...it never bothered me...i have my screen locked in landscape mode {yeah i like to surf web and play games in landscape mode} and the thought of getting a BT keyboard never crossed my mind...

iDrifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A little however I'm not the best of typist. Wash hands first.

Gidado

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2 on screen keyboard

By experience, the splitting gesture and utility of the on screen board in ipad2 are just marvelous and easier to work with. In fact, after my upgrade to ios5 I hardly use my Bluetooth enabled keyboard but always utilize the inbuilt keyboard.

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't really annoy me but:

I find it easier to use with a stylus rather than my finger.

I don't use the split keypad as much as I was expecting to.

I would REALLY like to see a version of Swype for the iPad and the iPhone.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By experience, the splitting gesture and utility of the on screen board in ipad2 are just marvelous and easier to work with. In fact, after my upgrade to ios5 I hardly use my Bluetooth enabled keyboard but always utilize the inbuilt keyboard.

Aesthetically I think the split keyboard looks weird on the screen, but it is heavenly to use in portrait mode. I use it all the time, and have gotten quite good at it.

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought my iPad 2 I purchased the Apple wireless keyboard because I thought I would hate the on scene keyboard, but it turns out its not that bad. When I have long documents to type I use the keyboard, but otherwise I use the onscreen keyboard mostly.

Most reactions

Latest posts