What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the Ipad 2 have bluetooth?

nannye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I was told if it has bluetooth I could tether it to my blackberry.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does have bluetooth. You still can't tether it to your Blackberry via bluetooth, though I believe there is a jailbreak to make it possible.

To read more about jailbreaking the iPhone, go to the Hacking section and read all the sticky notes at the top of the thread list (highlighted); or if you are using the IPF app it they will be in a separate tab at the top of the screen.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nannye said:
Thanks I was told if it has bluetooth I could tether it to my blackberry.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Dreno73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to know if I can connect my iPad 2 to my iPhone 4. My iPad recognizes my Droid but not my iPhone? What kind of scam is Apple pulling?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Before you can connect your iPhone 4 to your iPad, you need to purchase the Hotspot plan from your carrier. After you do you will see new Personal Hotspot options in Settings. Neither bluetooth nor wi-fi tethering is possible until this Personal Hotspot is enabled. (You might be able to pair them, but it still would not tether).

It is possible to enable the Personal Hotspot by jailbreaking. You can read more about jailbreaking in the Hacking section. Go through the stickies at the top of the thread (or separate tab int the iPF app) before asking questions there.

A search will also net you a multitude of threads on tethering, jailbreaking, and other issues related too.

Be aware that tethering without paying for the extra plan probably violates your carrier's terms of service, and they have been known to occasionally catch and bill offenders.

As far as your Droid goes, when I had mine it was exactly the same deal. Most carriers (in the U.S.) expect you to pay for a hotspot plan. You can root and bypass the carrier's activations, and they will react exactly the same way if they catch you and decide to do something about it.

Both AT&T and Verizon charge extra for tethering (and an extra 2GB of data to your plan). I'm not sure about the others.

Dreno73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Before you can connect your iPhone 4 to your iPad, you need to purchase the Hotspot plan from your carrier. After you do you will see new Personal Hotspot options in Settings. Neither bluetooth nor wi-fi tethering is possible until this Personal Hotspot is enabled. (You might be able to pair them, but it still would not tether).

It is possible to enable the Personal Hotspot by jailbreaking. You can read more about jailbreaking in the Hacking section. Go through the stickies at the top of the thread (or separate tab int the iPF app) before asking questions there.

A search will also net you a multitude of threads on tethering, jailbreaking, and other issues related too.

Be aware that tethering without paying for the extra plan probably violates your carrier's terms of service, and they have been known to occasionally catch and bill offenders.

As far as your Droid goes, when I had mine it was exactly the same deal. Most carriers (in the U.S.) expect you to pay for a hotspot plan. You can root and bypass the carrier's activations, and they will react exactly the same way if they catch you and decide to do something about it.

Both AT&T and Verizon charge extra for tethering (and an extra 2GB of data to your plan). I'm not sure about the others.

I'm basically looking to be able to use my iPad to make calls through my phone. I purchased an app to do this but found out it doesn't work. Perhaps this was nixed in the new update.

Dreno73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called Bluetooth Phone. Released in early 2010. Some good but also bad reviews. I didn't listen when I purchased it. I thought It wouldn't happen to me! Guess again!

A

angellike

yes BLUETOOTH installed with original applications. I use the zagg keyboard via btooth LOVE LOVE it!

Most reactions

Latest posts