What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the Apple Store ever go out-of-stock?

NyCrAzY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reside in Virginia and went to my local Apple Store to get the iPad 2 BUT THE LINE WAS RIDICULOUSLY LONG! I didn't make an attempt because it was windy and cold. I'll try coming back tomorrow though. Question is... will I be guaranteed an iPad? Thanks!

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd call before you go. I got mine from the Columbia MD store today... There was over 300 people in line and the staff seemed to think they weren't going to sell out.

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes. do a google search for ipad 2 sold out in stores...hours ago it was reported that 90% of stores were sold out....called a store in NH who claimed there were 200 people in line, but there were plenty...got up there and all sold out. Called every best buy, walmart, target in the area - either didnt sell it or already sold out. Had to buy online and wait 2-3 weeks which I am not happy about

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, from forum posts it seems like most sold out and not everyone in line got one.

I'm glad I ordered online this morning despite the 18th-25th delivery estimate. Not worth the hassle of waiting in line and still maybe striking out when trying to spend hard earned cash to buy a toy.

Most reactions