What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does size matter?

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I use my iPad around the house a lot more than my 15" laptop because it's much more convenient

It's a great size but sometimes wish it was a bit bigger. I would love one 12” one or bigger and was wondering what others thought?

I don't mean that a 12” plus model should replace the current model, just compliment it.

What do are your thoughts?

normanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to see an expandable/collapsable computer, one that could be 5", 9", or 15" depending on need.

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
normanj said:
I'd love to see an expandable/collapsable computer, one that could be 5", 9", or 15" depending on need.

That's a great idea. Expandable up to 50” would be great. Then I could hang it on the wall and ditch the plasma :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
OMG. You two are killin me here! I needed that!

I kept my word.....until you came along.

Luckily I have my own moderator.........

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-4168628641.jpg
    image-4168628641.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 200

Kevin1963

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the way it is. If it got any bigger the portability could become an issue. I'm sure it would still be portable, but it may just start getting too bulky. Just my opinion.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they were to change the size, I would like it to be sized to a 16:9 screen so videos would fit more with what is now the norm.

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rgsp said:
If they were to change the size, I would like it to be sized to a 16:9 screen so videos would fit more with what is now the norm.

Hi,
It just goes to prove we're all different. I prefer the 4:3 format as it's more like a laptop screen and i don't what much video.

"I say tomato you say tomato" (in a american accent!)

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine it being bigger without being harder to tote around. If they could figure it out without adding weight or thickness I could deal with a 12-inch screen.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I use my iPad around the house a lot more than my 15" laptop because it's much more convenient

It's a great size but sometimes wish it was a bit bigger. I would love one 12” one or bigger and was wondering what others thought?

I don't mean that a 12” plus model should replace the current model, just compliment it.

What are your thoughts?

Look at Samsung Galaxy ... they offer 7", 8.9" and 10.1" and now you want 12". You wants are nice to ask for, but in the real world not too practical for one simple reason. It is called economy of scale in manufacturing. Too many models make for true headaches in parts, building (a new line), packaging, boxing, ... then there is marketing, selling, distribution and pricing and the problems grow exponentially.

Still want a bigger screen?

Actually Apple makes the AIR is larger, is a full computer, has USB 2.0 ports and twice the SSD storage... $999. Battery life is not 10 hours, and because of the built-in keyboard (it is a full laptop) it is more difficult to hold in one hand. Oh, by the way the bigger the screen the more clumsy to hold. IMHO.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

What are your thoughts?

Look at Samsung Galaxy ... they offer 7", 8.9" and 10.1" and now you want 12". You wants are nice to ask for, but in the real world not too practical for one simple reason. It is called economy of scale in manufacturing. Too many models make for true headaches in parts, building (a new line), packaging, boxing, ... then there is marketing, selling, distribution and pricing and the problems grow exponentially.

Still want a bigger screen?

Actually Apple makes the AIR is larger, is a full computer, has USB 2.0 ports and twice the SSD storage... $999. Battery life is not 10 hours, and because of the built-in keyboard (it is a full laptop) it is more difficult to hold in one hand. Oh, by the way the bigger the screen the more clumsy to hold. IMHO.

I discovered in a very technical thread (different forum) the probably reason that Apple chose the Size, resolution, etc. the way they did. Just so happens that for a common app to work across different devices the total number of pixels is important. So as the screen gets smaller (needs more zoom to read, etc) the resolution naturally increases. With the iPAD series the pixels are spread out over more real estate. But the total count is the same. Thus the app written for one device shows well on another with different size. This is the magic of Apple... by design. This is also why Retina with 331 ppi versus iPad 132 probably won't happen.

We all want. But rarely understand what it takes to deliver. Oh, yeh, want the cost to be less. Right.

Most reactions

Latest posts