What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does PUSH email still occur while iPad in sleep mode?

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my email (Exchange) configured for push mode. Does the iPad continue to accumulate inbound email via push when it is in sleep mode? Or does it get email once you wake it up?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In sleep mode WiFi is off but 3G is on so, if you have 3G, your emails come in at night. I have my iPad by my bed at night and, if I forget to hit the 'mute' switch it can wake me up as the IPad Forum reported posts stream in!

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
Wifi shouldn't turn off in sleep mode. As long as the iPad is not shut down completely, will the push emails delivered straight to your device.

My iPad still receives and plays the incoming mail sound, when it is in sleep mode, i.e. display off and it doesn't have a SIM card inside, so it has to be connected to the Wifi.

Last edited:

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah my wifi stays on when in sleep mode, and I continue to get push emails and or anything else I have turned on to push.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
In sleep mode WiFi is off but 3G is on so, if you have 3G, your emails come in at night. I have my iPad by my bed at night and, if I forget to hit the 'mute' switch it can wake me up as the IPad Forum reported posts stream in!

Tim
Scotland

Tim, you can also plug in your headset before you go to bed. The tone goes off but you just don't hear it.

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sort of related question... The most frequent setting I can set gmail to check for emails is 15 minutes... Any way to make this 5 min or less?

I want it to notify me as soon as emails show up.

Sent from my iPad2 using Forum Runner

Most reactions

Latest posts