What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does owning an ipad make it ok to have a man bag?

Deoas owning an iPad make it ok to have a man bag?

• Yes its ok to have a man bag !! especially to protect my new toy

Votes: 47 70.1%
  • No Man bags are never ok

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Whats an ipad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always carry around my "murse" or "man purse". I use a Frietag out of Switzerland, by far my favorite of my satchels I've used.

Since living in Holland (where a bag is normal) and Korea (where men actually use purses, not bags) for a number of years I realized it's only American and Canadian "men" that get all funny about a man using a bag, personally function always overrides my sense of maleness. Personally, I think a guy that is concerned about coming across as femmy because of a bag is either a douche or severely lacking in confidence or security.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I always carry around my "murse" or "man purse". I use a Frietag out of Switzerland, by far my favorite of my satchels I've used.

Since living in Holland (where a bag is normal) and Korea (where men actually use purses, not bags) for a number of years I realized it's only American and Canadian "men" that get all funny about a man using a bag, personally function always overrides my sense of maleness. Personally, I think a guy that is concerned about coming across as femmy because of a bag is either a douche or severely lacking in confidence or security.

Totally off topic, but after seeing your username and reading your post (which I agree with), the Lumberjack Song from Monty Python just jumped to mind. ROFL

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have yet to find a iPad case I really like. I have one that is suitable, made for netbooks, but most of them are not designed to my needs. I just picked up a top load brifcase style for my MacBook Pro that is bigger than I need because it was on sale and worked for what I needed. The biggest advantage is that it also will hold my iPad in the outer pocket.

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After spending an hour walking around the office with a dryer sheet sticking out of my sleeve, a man bag is a mute point.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing guys look truly silly in (I'm female) are those horrible fanny packs. Those leather or canvas messenger bags? Now those make you all look very nice.

I like my fanny pack looking bag :)

Just the right size, has all I need, easy to grab.

Say what you will about this style,
Fanny-Pack.jpg

but I can find nothing better for trips to something like Kings Island, Disney, whatever where you need completely hands-off way to carry a few extra things and not have a bag to deal with.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, that is way too much. Sorry, but fanny packs are a no-no under any circumstance. There is a difference between being not worried about your manliness with a satchel and carrying around a fanny pack.

A fanny pack is like white socks with black dress shoes, calf length white socks with shorts and shoes, tucking in polo shirts into your shorts with calf length white socks and a cell phone clip hanging out, and maybe even as bad as mustaches.

Burn that thing with the nearest open flame and save yourself the fashion faux pas.

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the one I use. Think it's called The North Face messenger bag.

fe5227d0.png

Fits perfectly. There is a perfect slot for my iPhone. Pockets for my stylus ipad pens. And I think you cam get the Bluetooth keyboard In. Haven't tried it yet though.

77817276.png

Beautiful space for my MiFi at the front aswel :)
bf578929.png

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After spending an hour walking around the office with a dryer sheet sticking out of my sleeve, a man bag is a mute point.
Funny!:p
We have a saying here "If you're not worth a laugh, you're not worth anything."

Fits perfectly. There is a perfect slot for my iPhone. Pockets for my stylus ipad pens. And I think you cam get the Bluetooth keyboard In. Haven't tried it yet though.

That's perfect.
Dress outdoorsy and it works.

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny!:p
We have a saying here "If you're not worth a laugh, you're not worth anything."

That's perfect.
Dress outdoorsy and it works.

It is pretty good :) you can get them in different colours, plain and with patterns on.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know, but if I get the money to buy one of these, I'll be all over them. Look up Temple Bags. These things are awesome. Made with reclaimed WW2 uniform materials. Apparently made to order. I have to say, in the grand scheme of things, these are worth the money.

TEMPLE-BAGS-51.jpg

I've been trying to save up for one. Love the black

What do these cost? I found the site, but I couldn't find the price.

I have a Case Logic sling bag. Works great. My wife calls it the Murse, but so what?

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I don't know, but if I get the money to buy one of these, I'll be all over them. Look up Temple Bags. These things are awesome. Made with reclaimed WW2 uniform materials. Apparently made to order. I have to say, in the grand scheme of things, these are worth the money.

TEMPLE-BAGS-51.jpg

I've been trying to save up for one. Love the black

What do these cost? I found the site, but I couldn't find the price.

I have a Case Logic sling bag. Works great. My wife calls it the Murse, but so what?

I believe the upper end of the pricing was around $145. I know that's pricey, but since some of the heavier prices Caselogic items and such can hit around $75 or so, this really isn't bad in the grand scheme of things. There is a wait as they are made to order. but considering the materials and the apparent quality, I consider it to be worthwhile. Hoping to get one. Need to check to see if the friend of mine received his to put hands on it.

OK, here we go, $148 to $186 for the all leather. Take a look at this link.

Shop | ?Temple Bags

Most reactions

Latest posts