What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does one have to upgrade to iOS 8.1?

michaelnv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have 67megs to spare for another upgrade.
Can I get rid of the red 1 on my settings?
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks

Well, you know that a better explanation may help for more constructive advice: 1) What iPad model do you own; 2) What iOS is installed; 3) What do you mean by 67 Mbs; and 4) Why not upgrade? Might help us just for starters - Dave :)

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I usually do is take a look under general>settings>usage>manage storage and delete the largest apps then I go back to the App Store and retrieve them from the 'purchased' section

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks
If you're referring to the space required to perform the OTA iOS upgrade, then your best bet is to connect the iDevice to the computer running iTunes, and update it there. AFAIK it doesn't have available space requirements this way, and that red 1 will go away when you're done (yep, the only way to get rid of it).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dont update, IOS 8 is a disaster.
If you've been having problems with iOS 8, please tell us exactly what problems you're experiencing. Some of our members may be able to help once they know what the problems are.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Safari is very slow and keeps feezing.

The cursor hangs below where it should be for writing.

My iPad is generally sluggish.

I find it difficult to understand why Apple choose to release a new IOS that leaves users in a worse position.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
dont update, IOS 8 is a disaster.

Many of us have already upgraded to iOS 8.x - I recently went to iOS 8.1 on my iPad 2 & wife's iPad Mini - we've had no issues and I suspect many here feel the same - the latest version does solve many of the problems w/ the initial release(s). Dave :)

Most reactions