What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does my Wifi fall in a sleepmode ?? Facetime does not respond

Ruud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Ruud living in the Netherlands so my english is not 100%, I'm sorry for the spelling errors or some wrong translations from the Dutch.

I have bought a Ipad2, everything works splendid exept when I close the cover my wifi connection seems to fall in a sleepmode after some time.
When someone is using Facetime my Ipad gives no signal but also later on no missing call's.

When I have opened my cover the Wifi-sign is zero but is building up, after a calle with facetime from me to another person who call's back works fine.

Other people with Ipad's in my familie and friends group don't have this problem (or not using facetime). I even have bought a new routes (Cisco/Linquedsys) because I have experienced some problems with airprinting with the Sitecom I was using (that problem is solved).

I have tried a lot of things found on the internet from not putting the brightness on automatic, reboot etc.
I had hoped with the new IOS thad the problemm would be solved but it is'nt.

Can someone help me? thanks!

greetings Ruud

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the iPad is in Sleep mode, the WiFi is switched off but the 3G (if you have it) is left switched on - because it uses considerably less power and hence will run the iPad battery down much more slowly.

Tim

OP
R

Ruud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response - problem now known solution ??

When the iPad is in Sleep mode, the WiFi is switched off but the 3G (if you have it) is left switched on - because it uses considerably less power and hence will run the iPad battery down much more slowly.

Tim

Thanks for the response. I have got no 3G, so this is for me an or the problem.
Is there a sollution to prevent the Wifi to go in sleep mode? It would be very stange that I have to keep everything running because a facetime call will com stread around the day, and te battery would use all its power to keer the whole system running.

Greetings Ruud

Most reactions