What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does lighting connector play sound???

Kyle5731

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I hook my ipad4 to my truck stereo my songs will show up on the stereo screen but the sound plays out the ipad. When I hook an ipad2 to my stereo it works fine so I didn't know if there is a setting I need to change or if I will have to use the headphone jack?

OP
K

Kyle5731

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called apple and they said the lighting connector does not put out sound but when you hook it to a 30 pin to lighting adapter it works fine. It's a pain cause I had to spend an extra 50 bucks for the cables but that's apple for ya taking every chance they get to make an extra dollar.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Surprised the lightning connector doesn't put out sound directly.

Sorry you didn't get an answer from the forum, and thanks for coming back to us with the answer.

Apple are likely expecting that Bluetooth will become more and more prevalent. At least that's all I can think of. My car doesn't have any capability for playing output from iDevices, and I use the headphone output in my truck. Transport-wise, I haven't joined the 21st century yet.

budman41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For what it's worth the lightening adaptor works for my iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in my car playing sound.

Most reactions

Latest posts