What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does it cause wrong when jailbreak fail (ipad 2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1loveu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Ipad users,

I would like to ask you that, Is there possibility of problem if jailbreaking ipad (ipad 1 or 2, 3G) fell (not successful)?

Or

If jailbreaking is fell, can it be restored as usual as factory originated?

Thank you:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking is safe and when done right "usually" nothing goes wrong. And in the rare event that it does, it isn't hard to fix. If you want to remove the jailbreak for any reason, just restore. As to the iPad, only the iPad 1 is jailbreakable. Jailbreak for the iPad 2 is currently still being worked on.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is always been a very simple process as long as the instructions are follow properly. Always read and try to make sense of the stuff and the try. If anything go wrong there is not a big deal because you always restore the iPad, just remember sync/backup the iPad before you try any jailbreak activities.

Good luck!

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Ipad users,

I would like to ask you that, Is there possibility of problem if jailbreaking ipad (ipad 1 or 2, 3G) fell (not successful)?

Or

If jailbreaking is fell, can it be restored as usual as factory originated?

Thank you:)

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Have a look here

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24323-shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
B

b1loveu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Irish Rose, Tim Sprecklen and Ifrog

Dear Ipad users,

I am greatfully for your helps.

I have another question! Can one jailbreak Ipad 2 (3G) CDMA or to make it able to use with Sim Card?

And, Ipad 2 3G AT&T and Verizon, which one of them is more useful or better?

Thank you in advance,

B1loveu

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Ipad users,

I am greatfully for your helps.

I have another question! Can one jailbreak Ipad 2 (3G) CDMA or to make it able to use with Sim Card?

And, Ipad 2 3G AT&T and Verizon, which one of them is more useful or better?

Thank you in advance,

B1loveu

Hi, there. :) A jailbreak is not available for the iPad 2 yet. The CDMA iPad 2 does not use SIM cards, only AT&T's iPad 2 does. As to which one is better, I would have to say they are both the same. Verizon has been known to have better coverage here in the US than AT&T (according to some), however, AT&T's iPad 2 is unlocked and uses SIM cards. Therefore it can be used with another carriers SIM card such as T-Mobile here in the US, or another carriers SIM card while overseas.

OP
B

b1loveu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Irish Rose,

I am greatful for ya answer again.

I am going to buy ipad 2 3G AT&T, and I heard that, it is not able to jailbreak yet. Hopefully Dev-Team solves it very soon.

B1loveu:(

OP
B

b1loveu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI everyone, I bought an ipad 2 3G and i have another one. One of them able to jailbreak, but one of them unable. Why? (Button "Free" on jailbreakMe.com does not work)

Please help me, thank you in advance

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
b1loveu said:
HI everyone, I bought an ipad 2 3G and i have another one. One of them able to jailbreak, but one of them unable. Why? (Button "Free" on jailbreakMe.com does not work)

Please help me, thank you in advance

Check what version of IOS you have in Settings > About.

It MUST be 4.3.3 for the jailbreakme.com JB to work. If you have an older version, you should update in iTunes.

OP
B

b1loveu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear ipad2 3G users,

I have a question: How can we turn Ipad2 3G into iphone, make a call and receive a call without using application? I knew in cydia store has PhoneIt-iPad, but it casts $20. Another way to do it free?

Thank you in advance!
Leak

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say you don't want to use apps, but you mention PhoneItiPad, which is an app. You can use Skype or Whisper - these are free VoIP apps.

Tim

OP
B

b1loveu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can we make ipad to call out and receive phone call?

I appreciate and thank for ya help on this

Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions