What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does iPad2 SAY iPad2 on it?

coregeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.coregeek.net
I wonder what they are going to do with the Ipad 3 and beyond? Now Apple has set themselves up for people to watch out for clues as to which # you have. ie: Well the cameras mean it is an ipad 2 and the way it feels means it is an Ipad3 and if you hold it to the light that is the only way you would know it is an ipad 4. Ugh and lol.

Obviously you haven't had to identify any Apple products lately. Apple does not make it easy. Fortunately guides like this exist so it's really pretty simple.
http://www.everyipod.com/ipad-specs/index-ipad.html

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder what they are going to do with the Ipad 3 and beyond? Now Apple has set themselves up for people to watch out for clues as to which # you have. ie: Well the cameras mean it is an ipad 2 and the way it feels means it is an Ipad3 and if you hold it to the light that is the only way you would know it is an ipad 4. Ugh and lol.

Obviously you haven't had to identify any Apple products lately. Apple does not make it easy. Fortunately guides like this exist so it's really pretty simple.
Apple iPad Specs (All iPad Technical Specifications) @ EveryiPod.com

Thanks for the link, but I still think it would have been easier to to do this

Attachments

• ipad-2-back.jpg
    ipad-2-back.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 5,090

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's plenty of identifiers to prove an iPad 2 is not an iPad "one".

For example, the weight, thickness, border, flat back, curved sides, color(white), and front/rear cameras are easy physical identifiers.

Then you have the model number on the back of the iPad and in the settings/about identifying it as a second generation iPad, and not a first.

The box is different, and thinner, comes with a different SIM removal tool(extra point for knowing that one ;) ) and now costs $100 more than it's configured equivalent in gen one clothing.

And you've also got internal Verizon 3G radios showing "Verizon 3G" at the top of those equipped models, that didn't exist on the first generation.

True, there may be some who may mistake a black iPad 2 for an iPad 1 from first glance from the front from a distance, but once it's seen up close, from the side, or held, it's hard for most to mistake it for the previous generation.

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 <-----so simple (I thought that what Apple was all about). Looks like we will never convince each other, but that's ok. I am just killing time waiting for another shipment to come in, hopefully tomorrow!

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple hasn't done that in any of their product line for many years, so it should be of no surprise to anyone that there isn't a "2".

It would make it cheesy imo, and I prefer that they never put sequential numbers to designate a succeeding model over it's predecessor.

Sequential numbers was something Apple did back in the day.. Apple II, for example, with succeeding letters that followed, however, it has been many years since that system for model identifiers has been used.

I like that the iMacs, mb Pro's, airs, iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads are not branded with anything other than what it is.. and in some cases, no name at all! Apple manages to be the most recognized brand in the world, simply by it's Apple logo.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple manages to be the most recognized brand in the world, simply by it's Apple logo.

This is very true. My iPad is my very first Apple product and I love it. I have learned so much in the year ( almost ) I have been here.

I am definitely and Applefan Girl.:D

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh Of course. The camera! Actually there are two
:p:eek:

I erased in some irrating words you like to use often on your other posts (tis not necessary)

But to answer your challenge the case is 33% thinner, it is also lighter, there is no 1/4 inch edge, it has 21 magnets that are used for the slick cover, and two are used to turn it on and off when the cover is lifted.
Plus there is a microphone and the speaker holes are different.

It also has a 3 dimensional gyroscope so the unit has more degrees of function for gaming.

It is a lot faster and the graphics in new games are awesome in display.

This is the new world of iPAD2. The original ipad is different.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chriztofor said:
Oh great, now you want me to memorize that! :D

My brain hurts...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2 is our word

not Apple's. If you want, take a magic marker and write "2" on the back. Go sporty and write "II" if you wish. It's an iPad, for heaven's sake. Be happy your Impala automobile doesn't do that either. What would we be up to by now, Impala 35 or so?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not Apple's. If you want, take a magic marker and write "2" on the back. Go sporty and write "II" if you wish. It's an iPad, for heaven's sake. Be happy your Impala automobile doesn't do that either. What would we be up to by now, Impala 35 or so?

LOL! You so make me laugh! Hilarious.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can tell by looking at the Model number on the System. For iPad original:
Wi-Fi + 3G Models:
MC497LL/A
MC496LL/A
MC349LL/A
Wi-Fi Models:
MC294LL/A
MC293LL/A
MC292LL/A
Doesn't help with just a glancing look, but it will be accurate

On the back of mine, it just has Model A1219.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-Fi + 3G Models:
MC497LL/A
MC496LL/A
MC349LL/A
Wi-Fi Models:
MC294LL/A
MC293LL/A
MC292LL/A

That number isn't even on that list!

BOB. YOU have an iPad2? Man. So not fair.

I'm feelin really out of the loop.:(

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-Fi + 3G Models:
MC497LL/A
MC496LL/A
MC349LL/A
Wi-Fi Models:
MC294LL/A
MC293LL/A
MC292LL/A

That number isn't even on that list!

BOB. YOU have an iPad2? Man. So not fair.

I'm feelin really out of the loop.:(

No, I have an iPad 1.

It appears the numbers above are the Order #, whatever that is. The model number is something different according to this link.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts