What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does ipad1 have a microphone?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it does. The only reason I know is because I use Skype on it and it works fine. I can see the other person if they have a webcam, but obviously they can't see me.

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:
Yes, it does. The only reason I know is because I use Skype on it and it works fine. I can see the other person if they have a webcam, but obviously they can't see me.

Where is it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't sure but I don't think so :)

Absolutely it does. It's the very small hole next to the socket where you plug a headset in to the iPad. If you've got an app, like Notes Plus, you can record audio - say lectures or lessons - while you're making handwritten notes on the iPad.

And, as DM51 says, Skype works just fine on the iPad - with the iPad1 you've no video camera, so the other end of the link can't see you - with the iPad2 they can both see and hear you.

Tim

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Absolutely it does. It's the very small hole next to the socket where you plug a headset in to the iPad. If you've got an app, like Notes Plus, you can record audio - say lectures or lessons - while you're making handwritten notes on the iPad.

And, as DM51 says, Skype works just fine on the iPad - with the iPad1 you've no video camera, so the other end of the link can't see you - with the iPad2 they can both see and hear you.

Tim

the good thing with that is that you can pull faces etc without the other party knowing :)

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the good thing with that is that you can pull faces etc without the other party knowing :)
... or still be lying in bed, or looking like a slob etc, when the other guy thinks you are smartly-dressed sitting in your office, lol

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:
... or still be lying in bed, or looking like a slob etc, when the other guy thinks you are smartly-dressed sitting in your office, lol.

Is there an app for that? Is it good?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:
... or still be lying in bed, or looking like a slob etc, when the other guy thinks you are smartly-dressed sitting in your office, lol.

Is there an app for that? Is it good?
An app to make you look like a slob? I don't think so. For some people, it just comes naturally, lol.

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:
An app to make you look like a slob? I don't think so. For some people, it just comes naturally, lol.

Oops! Ment to say an app for Skype!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The slob look is good until someone visits and the house is a mess, that's when you realise the iPad was really not a good idea.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
The slob look is good until someone visits and the house is a mess, that's when you realise the iPad was really not a good idea.

I'm with you there, spend waaaaay too much time on the iPad and not enough on the housework, oh well, take me as you find me!!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
fuzzyfelts said:
I'm with you there, spend waaaaay too much time on the iPad and not enough on the housework, oh well, take me as you find me!!

Agreed, not with homework but planning my science lessons for school. Such a boring task. Pity the teachers!

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a great little free app called AudioMemos that works quite nicely. I use it often while doing price comparisons on certain items. Quicker than opening up my note taking app.

Just be prepared for odd looks from passersby who see you talking to your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts