What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does/did the IPad I have easter eggs? how about the IPAD 2

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its that time of year so I wondered it the I2 had any easter eggs?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An 'Easter Egg' is programmer jargon for an undocumented feature - but usually refers to something out of the ordinary that a programmer puts there almost as a joke. Some of the early Macs had an Easter Egg that, by pressing a certain key combination, would bring up a picture of Steve Jobs, for example.

So, by Easter Egg, we're not really talking about a feature that the guys writing the manual forgot to document - it's a surprise, a joke almost.

The term comes from the tradition, in some countries, at Easter of hiding Easter Eggs and the kids have to search the house or garden to find them.

Has anyone found any for either the iPad1 or iPad2?

Tim
Scotland

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're so useful.

An 'Easter Egg' is programmer jargon for an undocumented feature - but usually refers to something out of the ordinary that a programmer puts there almost as a joke. Some of the early Macs had an Easter Egg that, by pressing a certain key combination, would bring up a picture of Steve Jobs, for example.

So, by Easter Egg, we're not really talking about a feature that the guys writing the manual forgot to document - it's a surprise, a joke almost.

The term comes from the tradition, in some countries, at Easter of hiding Easter Eggs and the kids have to search the house or garden to find them.

Tim
Scotland

You're so useful. You're almost robotic. It must be in the scottish water *coughs*liquor! One day, I'll have the pleasure of traveling to Scotland and maybe become as smart as you!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a robot...you may remember that one of the early computer pioneers, Turing, devised a test for an intelligent computer - i.e. when could we really call computers 'intelligent'. His test was simple, you put a computer on one side of a wall and a real human on the other side of the wall. The person communicates with the computer without knowing, in advance, whether they're talking to a computer or another person.

A computer, Turing suggested, could be called 'intelligent' if the person was unable to determine whether they were talking to a computer or another person.

Obviously I've just failed the Turing test......:(

Tim
Scotland

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim
Scotland

You're so useful. You're almost robotic. It must be in the scottish water *coughs*liquor! One day, I'll have the pleasure of traveling to Scotland and maybe become as smart as you!

Can I go?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Can I go?

Yup. Somebody said in Europe you can drink if you can see over the counter. I can c but I can't pay. YOU BUY THE LIQUOR. I'll sail the boat. I'll be by Cali in the morning. Well take the middle passage and be at the Robotics plant by dusk. Tim might need a reboot by then.

twerppoet said:
Eliza: Why do you say "Obviously I've just failed the Turning test........:( "?

;)

It's a psychology thing. The robot definitely wouldn't have explained it though. Lol. Similes facsimilies. The power of the word like in the 21 century.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Eliza: Why do you say "Obviously I've just failed the Turning test........:( "?

;)

It's a psychology thing. The robot definitely wouldn't have explained it though. Lol. Similes facsimilies. The power of the word like in the 21 century.

Sorry, trying for an obscure bit of trivia humor. ELIZA is an old program that was often cited when people talk about the Turing test. It was meant to simulate a psychoanalyst, and the response I gave was typical of an ELIZA conversation.

ELIZA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just my sense of humor proving that it sometimes lacks common sense.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Sorry, trying for an obscure bit of trivia humor. ELIZA is an old program that was often cited when people talk about the Turing test. It was meant to simulate a psychoanalyst, and the response I gave was typical of an ELIZA conversation.

ELIZA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just my sense of humor proving that it sometimes lacks common sense.

Spoof much better than psych class

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been hijacked :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zipur said:
Its that time of year so I wondered it the I2 had any easter eggs?

Lol I was thinking the same thing tonight.
I noticed the un-mute says ringer on the volume popup.

64GB 3G White iPad

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My all time fav ee was in Microsoft excel #. Not sure on the version. You could make a toolbar shortcut that put you in a 3d space that was really cool. I'll see if I can find the info on it. there was also an 8ball one in office.

64GB 3G White iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts