What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does deleting albums from iPad also delete them from my laptop?

donnalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to delete an album from my iPad but when I select the photos to delete, I get the message "delete everywhere?". Im afraid to do that because I don't want to delete those photos from my laptop...is that what would occur? I've also tried to delete the entire album but this doesn't seem possible so I checked each pic individually which is very tedious. Is there a way to select more than one pic at a time or the entire album?

One more thing Im confused about is how to post a new thread on this app? The only way I was able to post this one is from the link on the welcome letter for joining...thanks in advance for any help!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you create albums on your iPad the original photos are not moved, they are just made part of an album so you can bring them up easily. So you can delete the album but not delete the original photo. Albums are just tags on photos to let you group in a meaningful way.

If your are using photostream, then your photos can be synced between devices. It might be if you delete one of these shared photos and say delete everwyhere it will delete them all, but I doubt it really works like that. If you are concerned just back up your photostream folder. Photostream, at least for me, wont let me delete anything. All that syncing from device to device, and re- syncing if you delete something, means nothing gets deleted. It is like a photo nightmare.

But backup your photos on the laptop and remove the album. The original should remain in the camera roll and on your laptop if you don't tell it to delete everywhere.

Most reactions