Does apple track your visits?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ladyclegane, Jul 29, 2012.

1. ladyclegane

ladyclegane iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The reason I ask is because I went to the genius bar two days ago due to broken glass. Like a few others on here I was quoted 250 (not free even with my honesty-lol!) for the fix but she quickly pointed out that my iPad was still under warranty, therefore I qualified for AppleCare extra warranty and the next time this happens I can get it replaced for 50$. It wasn't till I was driving home that I realized she might be trying to get me to read between the lines. I do it in my job all the time. It would then effectively be 100 instead of 250 for them to replace. That I can afford. My alternative is to get an after market kit and do it myself, which I've been considering but don't really want to do.

Hence the question, do they track my visit? I'd hate to get the AppleCare for 50 and still have to pay 250 to get it replaced.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,400 / 1
    The AppleCare + (plus) warrantee extension can only be purchased with the iPad or within 30 days of it's purchase (with an inspection). I think she was suggesting you get the plan next time. Or if you ended up with a new replacement, you might have been eligible for the warrantee coverage from that point on; but I'm not sure of that.

Whatever, there is no way you can purchase the warrantee after the fact. Sorry.
  3. ladyclegane

ladyclegane iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hear what you're saying and it seems more likely but that's not what she said. She pulled my serial number and said I was still under warranty and qualified to buy it with this iPad. Although she didn't say anything about the inspection, but then she didn't have too. It was right there in front of her. Oh well, thanks for the reply. I'll figure something out.
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,400 / 1
    AppleCare can be bought anytime before your original warrantee runs out. Applecare + can not. The $50 replacement fee for accidental damage only comes with the plus plan. I've never heard of Applecare Extra.

Sounds like she had them confused, which seems unlikely for an Apple Store employee, or she was suggesting something shady, which I would be leery of.

Either way it is just speculation; more on my part than yours. I'll shut up now. :)