1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Does Apple Plan to Release Full HD iPad 3 in March and iPad 4 in October?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    [​IMG]

According to a report on 9to5 Mac, Digitimes is still sticking to its guns regarding the prospect of Apple releasing two iPads this year. According to today’s story, Digitimes is saying that according to its sources in Taiwan, Apple is planning to release an “iPad 3†in March, with a full HD screen, and will then follow this up with an “iPad 4†in October. Apparently the sources say that the iPad 3 will have a QXGA display of 1,536 x 2,048 pixels, and enhanced battery life, but that generally speaking, the iPad 3’s specs will be unchanged from the iPad 2. The iPad 4, according to Digitimes, will then be launched in October, and will have “killer applicationsâ€, with upgraded hardware galore, and integrated applications that will be able to compete with any Android, Wintel or WoA tablets that might emerge in 2012. Both tablets will be unchanged in size (9.7-inch).

The rumour that Apple will release an iPad 3 in March and lower the price of the iPad 2 to $399 is also supported by another story on 9to5 Mac which reports on the views of Jeremy Horwitz of iLounge, who says that he has heard from reliable sources that the next iPad will have much better cameras, with a FaceTime HD camera on the front and a front camera comparable with the iPhone 4 and 4S camera. He also supported previous reports that the iPad 3 will be slightly thicker to incorporate the new components. Although Horwitz says that the iPad 3 will be released in March, he makes no mention of an iPad 4 coming in October.

Source: Report: Apple to launch ‘full HD’ iPad 3 in March, followed by iPad 4 in October | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
  2. b00bie

b00bie iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  3. MrLuke

MrLuke iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
  4. tlbaker

tlbaker iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    I guess by 2013 we will be on iPad 25!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF
  5. tlbaker

tlbaker iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    I guess by 2013 we will be on iPad 25!!! By design to get our $$$. ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF
  6. HKWrite12

HKWrite12 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Why is2 iPads plausible unless one is a mini. Apple has never released two consecutive models of anything in one year.
  7. alexw4188

alexw4188 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That would be cool
  8. bookdoc

bookdoc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad 2 is so great that I can't see room for serious improvement unless for some reason one wants a HD or better camera ( which I don't use).

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  9. hrflossy

hrflossy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was thinking the same thing!!! Apple never releases competing product that close to one another.
  10. Adwardfalen

Adwardfalen iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How could it be possible.
  11. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Never going to happen. They are still selling 150,000 iPads a day. What possible business case could be made to cause consumers to wait for anything other than the annual update. If they started releasing two a year, how many of us would skip every other update who buy annually today?