What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know how to add music from an iPod Classic to iTunes?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was told to use the iPod rip program? Is there an easier way?

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

D

dvdcatalyst

It has been a while for me since I last used it, but if it is setup using an account you don't have access to, syncing will not work.
However, if the iPod is setup as a drive (meaning it shows up on your computer as a drive and you can copy files to and from it) the songs are stored as files on the iPod and you can copy those over.
The file-names are unrecognizable, but you can get the songs.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It has been a while for me since I last used it, but if it is setup using an account you don't have access to, syncing will not work. However, if the iPod is setup as a drive (meaning it shows up on your computer as a drive and you can copy files to and from it) the songs are stored as files on the iPod and you can copy those over. The file-names are unrecognizable, but you can get the songs.

Yes. You need to check these things before you start the process.

1. Manually manage files and storage option enabled.
2. Enable disk use enabled.
3. The computer using which you are transferring it to iTunes should be authorized to used with your Apple Account.

All these settings can be checked from iTunes on your computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts