What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone have problem with recurring emails on IPad 1?

Janisiga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will delete emails, and a week later they come back, can't figure it out! Driving me crazy

Luvintel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same problem. I use Verizon.net for emails. Apple store and Verizon have been of no help. Who do you use for email? Told it may have something to do with pop vs imap

moe0000001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm not a technical expert but here's my observations:
On exchange server and yahoo, you get an option from the device setup to delete messages on the remote server when deleted on the iPad. So, once deleted they would never come back (you retrieve them from the trash bin).
On hotmail (pop) there is no such option. So, in a few days when your device tries to sync email to your criteria (per certain number of days or certain number of emails) it will check the server and see the same emails that you deleted from the device but not the server and it will sync them again to fullfil your quota. I usually sync my hotmail to last 3 days so even when the messages are still on the server I don't see them on the iPad.
I'd strongly recommend upgrading to an exchange account. I just love the practicality of it

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my email set up via Pop on purpose, so I can archive emails on my home computer and keep only what I need on four mobile devices. I have email set to never delete on the server. It works perfectly for my needs -- whatever I delete stays deleted, and doesn't "come back" a week later, or at any other time, as OP describes.

moe0000001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just checked my settings and here's an idea. Under advanced settings there's an option for removing deleted messages from the device (for pop server emails). Maybe you should set it to be deleted after one day.
If you wish to check an older email you can always access it through another device or a desktop.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just checked my settings and here's an idea. Under advanced settings there's an option for removing deleted messages from the device (for pop server emails). Maybe you should set it to be deleted after one day.
If you wish to check an older email you can always access it through another device or a desktop.

It couldn't hurt to try, but I have my Pop server emails set up to never delete (as opposed to deleting after one day, three days, etc.), and my emails never "come back" once I've manually deleted them on any mobile device. (I have email on iPad 1 and 2, iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy Note, as well as home computer.)

moe0000001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
It couldn't hurt to try, but I have my Pop server emails set up to never delete (as opposed to deleting after one day, three days, etc.), and my emails never "come back" once I've manually deleted them on any mobile device. (I have email on iPad 1 and 2, iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy Note, as well as home computer.)

:) I actually never had this problem either but I sort of just copied the same settings from my iPad to iPhone and android so hey if it works once then it'll work again :p
The only time I had this "recurring" emails was when I deleted the email account from the iPad then set it up again and like 500 emails I deleted from years ago just popped up.
Wasn't there an option on iPhone to never retrieve preciously deleted emails? I just tried finding a similar option on iPad but no luck.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:) I actually never had this problem either but I sort of just copied the same settings from my iPad to iPhone and android so hey if it works once then it'll work again :p
The only time I had this "recurring" emails was when I deleted the email account from the iPad then set it up again and like 500 emails I deleted from years ago just popped up.
Wasn't there an option on iPhone to never retrieve preciously deleted emails? I just tried finding a similar option on iPad but no luck.

I'm not familiar with the never-retrieve option you mention. On my iPhone 4S (on OS 5.1.1), the mail options are identical to iPad's.

On my Samsung Galaxy Note (on Android's Gingerbread), I use the same never-delete settings on incoming emails, and it worked from the start, without any recurring emails either.

Most reactions

Latest posts