What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Anybody Regret....

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only had it a week but no regrets at all.... it is far better than I expected.

I have been a BIG iPhone user since iDay '07 and at first basically looked at the iPad as a large iPad touch. I was wrong. That is like saying an R/C truck is the same as a full sized truck: it ain't. Size matters!

With the larger screen comes many new ways to interact: frames that scroll independently from each other for instance. Wallpaper that I can now see through the springboard icons. A deeper sound without having to use external speakers or headset. A keyboard that doesn't take up most of the screen. For me that makes the iPad a far different experience than my iPhone 4, which I also like very much.

Most all I love that I can remote into my PC via iTap RDP and the experience is SOOOOO much nicer than on my iPhone. In fact, it is amazingly fast and quite workable. I use Office that way, and if I need to play, ahem, a little Farkle I can do that too. :)

All in all I like the iPad more than I had expected to.

Michael

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad well worth it for me....use it all the time since it's release. Biggest frustration....lack of multitasking. It's a must these days. Hopefully it will come in the next few months.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't have any regrets now, do u feel like u might in the near future, perhaps if u see another tablet w/ much better specs at a lower price and it might get u thinking u should have waited a lil longer before investing in a tablet..?
Or what if Microsoft suddenly decides to send everyone on the planet a million bucks unless they have an iPad!?!?

ROFL, these hypotheticals are ludicrous. Buy or don't buy based on the value you expect to get right now. The future will always have something better and probably cheaper. If you wait for the perfect thing you will die lonely and unhappy before committing.

For me the iPad has been a much better investment than I expected. I knew of the limitations, and fully expect to replace it with an Android tablet someday. Until then I am getting great value from the iPad.

If you don't think the item (any item) will suit your needs do not buy it.

If you frequently buy things you subsequently regret, you need a money manager to make sure you are spending your money in an intelligent and mature fashion.

Deamon34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regrets? Nope, I love my ipad. Kids and I run the battery down everyday.

Most reactions