What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Anybody Know of Any Good iPad/iPhone Magazines in the UK?

Liquid Arikardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rob-osphere.blogspot.com
Hey Guys,

I was out and about today doing some work and popped in to a local newsagents to grab a paper and stumbled upon an iPad and iPhone magazine called 'Tap!'. A nice little 130 Page magazine for £5 and issue. I've had a quick flick through and there's plenty of articles and reviews of apps and accessories for the iPhone and iPad and even a few helpful tips for iTunes and optimising your devices.

I've picked up issue four so it must be a fairly new publication. Are there any other good iPad or iPhone magazines out there? I like reading reviews etc on the Internet but sometimes it's nice to have a physical product in front of you.

Cheers guys,

Rob

Sent from my iPad using the iPF App!

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I've never noticed that mag on the shelves.
Will definitely look for it when I get back to the UK in 2 weeks time.

Rokrdude2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theere is also a magazine know as "Complete guide to ipad 2" It is pretty good as well.

vegaswallacy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I've bought once the Apps magazine. It's basically reviews of apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod. To be honest I don't really like the magazine though I could get few nice reviews the structure of the magazine is quite bad. They could've done something better in the way the put the information. So, my advise, don't buy it.

Vegas

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly speaking, do you really need the magazines?

Buying of iPad means you can now read magazines on it :D

Having said so, I did read few magazines in store itself (WHSmith and Sainsburys).

They are nothing but app reviews. You can get better quaility information from this site.

vegaswallacy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mobi1 said:
Honestly speaking, do you really need the magazines?

Buying of iPad means you can now read magazines on it :D

Having said so, I did read few magazines in store itself (WHSmith and Sainsburys).

They are nothing but app reviews. You can get better quaility information from this site.

Couldn't agree more!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
It's not a case of need, but want.

Personally, even though I'm embracing digital change across my old fashioned ways, I still like reading physical magazines and book. always will. Books and mags on my iPad just don't do anything for me personally.

elnbel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap and other publications can be downloaded to your iPad using the ZINIO app.
Regards

Tassiecelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the idea of digital magazines on the iPad but I've not found any yet that were not either too costly or available only through Zinio.
I did try one copy of a mag through Zinio and afterward kept getting unwanted advertising from them (even though I always decline offers of updates). I cancelled my account promptly.

OP
Liquid Arikardo

Liquid Arikardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rob-osphere.blogspot.com
I like the sound of some of these magazines. I understand the points about the app reviews becoming quickly outdated but the product reviews are decent enough and the other articles are great.

I'd like a virtual magazine on my iPad but I just prefer physical media. You just can't beat it. Ebooks do nothing for me. I don't know what it is but I just don't like them. Seems weird to read a book on a digital screen but thats just me.

I think I'm going to give 'Tap!' ago on the digital subscription though.

Sent from my iPad 16GB using the iPF App!

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try iphone life magazine available through the zinio website. You can have both digital and a paper copy. It costs around $15.97/year in us dollars and they publish every 2 months.

Most reactions

Latest posts