What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anybody know of a reputable UK seller of AR Drone 2.0? At a good price?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for somewhere I can buy the Ar drone 2.0 in the uk. I want the best price, and/ or good support if i needed to return it for being faulty or anything. Also it would help if they had them in stock too :)
Has anyone bought one yet in the UK and can share where You got it from and how much? Many thanks

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should of said I'm not to keen on amazon, and I did use google, I didn't find what I was after so I asked here. Thanks.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lmossford said:
Should "have" said

Lm

Should "have" said. <--- Full stop also a vital piece of punctuation.

Perhaps you should check the punctuation in all of your other post before you comment on mine. I was in a hurry and written the post without checking it. If you have nothing useful to post, then please, do not bother posting at all. All it does is give the forum a bad name because you think your being clever.

Last edited:

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi iPad Troupers,
Speaking of the AR Drone 2.0. I'm not affiliated with Parrot Corp. a company based in France. But I have recently acquired/purchased a Parrot AR Drone 2.0. from my conveniently located The Source outlet. So far, I'm very happy with it. I did have one extremely minor issue with the included outdoor hull.
The tiny but strong rare earth magnets which holds the separate hulls to the drone body, was pulling the glue loose, and whenever I removed the the outdoor hull to replace a fully charged battery, it left the magnet attached with the glue side exposed.
After a couple of friendly emails to Parrot USA, and a simple phone call to their free tech support line, it was suggested to first try using the included two sided repair tape. If that failed to remedy my situation, a quick email to them, they sent me back a typical survey/questionnaire to fill out and to return to them with a photo copy of my original purchase receipt. They are shipping me a brand new outdoor hull free of charge and no shipping cost to me. And I never even had to return the first hull with the faulty glue.
What an awesome company, with truly great customer support.
The fellow on the phone figured the shipping container may have over heated, coming across the large pond from China, where they are assembled.
So without any discrepancy or invasive questioning I now have a new outdoor hull in the delivery process. I'd expect it to arrive in the post sometime early next week.

As for looking for a better/best price, it seems these units are universally price pointed. So everyone has the same advantage/disadvantage of buying one.
You can either afford it, or you can not. Unless you work for a store where they are sold, and can get a company-employee discount, be prepared to shell out thee hard earned pesos.

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts