What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anybody have any tips on how to save battery on your iPad

iPadTyra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad lately has been really slack on battery time... Would it be some apps I'm always on that are causing it such as, YouTube, Safari, Kik, This and a few other games

If you think you have some tips on how I can stay playing my iPad longer that would be spectacular :) thx
ALSO does anyone know if the iPhone 5 battery is bad? Cause ppl have been saying things OR do you think Samsung Galaxy s3 is better ???????

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to move this to the General Discussion area for better attention!

Thanks,

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad lately has been really slack on battery time... Would it be some apps I'm always on that are causing it such as, YouTube, Safari, Kik, This and a few other games

If you think you have some tips on how I can stay playing my iPad longer that would be spectacular :) thx
ALSO does anyone know if the iPhone 5 battery is bad? Cause ppl have been saying things OR do you think Samsung Galaxy s3 is better ???????

Someone else will have to tell you about iPhone 5.
My experience with Samsung Galaxy S 3 is: if you're using certain apps, you have to charge it after one day. Otherwise the battery lasts for three or four days, the way I use it. (Phone calls, messages, chat, taking pictures, ... No games)

Sun King

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How old is your iPad ?

The battery does not last for ever and a fall off in the amount of charge they hold after a year or so is sign the battery is getting near the end of its life.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The main things are:

Keeping screen brightness down as much as you can

Set the timing for the screen lock feature at two minutes or five minutes

Keep the unit away from heat

Fully charge the battery when it's down, don't do partial charges

Reboot the iPad every so often and kill apps that are lingering in the background that you're done with

Turn off Bluetooth if you don't use it

Turn off or reduce the number of apps using push notifications

Hope that helps!

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 and its battery life is excellent, can't think of anything to complain about in that matter.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a year-old iPad 3 (retina) and routinely get ~14 hours of use and a day of standby from a charge, wifi and Bluetooth on. That's a mix of work-related stuff, lightweight browsing and email, accounts and estimates, and some streamed music and video. I've found screen brightness to be a big drain, and keep mine to around 25% unless I really need it brighter.

I also have an iPhone 5 and find battery life to be excellent: from a full charge - again with wifi and bluetooth on - I can stream podcasts throughout the working day (say 9 hours inc travelling) pausing for the odd phone call or work-related note-taking or quick browser lookup/email and still have ~25% left when I get home at the end of the day.

There's all kinds of things you could take Apple to task over with iPads and iPhones, but battery life really isn't one of them.

HTH Pete

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me too. Screen brightness is a killer of battery life. 25% is ample. I play music a lot too. My ipad 3 and iphone 4 last most of the day.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me too. Screen brightness is a killer of battery life. 25% is ample. I play music a lot too. My ipad 3 and iphone 4 last most of the day.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

That's true. It also helps to turn off the display when not in use via the auto lock setting. That's your friend.

Most reactions

Latest posts