What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anybody else have a problem with ios7

spud58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ever since I went to ios7 I have had all kinds of problems my ipad in general is slower . apps on the ipad2 are slower and keep crashing .

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep I am having the same issues. Almost to the point of not enjoying using it anymore.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 as well. I haven't experienced any consistent or constant anything. Maybe a little slower, but not much. I am still using my iPad as much as I have since the first day I bought it. Sorry guys for not having more to say.

Kenneth D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3 and am experiencing lag, stuttering and random reboots occasionally. I'm going to back it up and wipe it.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recieved q lot of delayes and lags when I am closing apps, switcing between apps with gestures, and other things with multitasking. At least that is the only problem though.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 2 and have no problems at all. Speed is, if anything, better, no lags, and battery life is exactly the same as with 6 (I keep a daily record of time used - settings usage - and percentage left). I also leave iPad plugged in overnight to recharge. A question. Have you rebooted after installing 7 ? If not try it. It can sort out a number of temporary problems. Instructions are in other threads in this forum. Best of luck. Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry you're having problems. My sweet iPad 2 purchased in April, 2012, is still smooth and fluid as the happy day I brought it home.
Do a reboot about every other charge, just on general principles. That seems to keep all the little gremlins at bay.

jaycaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crashing or freezing even seems to be a slight problem with the new Air device, but many of the special features that the new IOS 7 version have do not work on the older IPADs like your 2 edition. Have you also taken in the updates 7.0.4 which will correct some of the hiccups but not all. Evidently, Apple is coming out with more updates along the way to help correct some of the problems. Don't give up yet. Sorry, but the little microphone in the keyboard that is a IOS 7 feature will not work on your IPAD 2. I suggest you download the Dragon Dictation app (FREE version) and it will allow you to dictate in all keyboard situations and it works perfectly.

Helen289

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the lot of problems in the beginning but with the updates all the problems got solved …If you have all the updates and still have problem, try to make a clean installation.
Next big update I will wait a couple of weeks to avoid that

Colconn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a real problem with iOS 7.0.4 update. My Safari, which has never crashed. Is crashing like crazy with this iOS. I've tried emptying the temp folders. Deleting site info, I've reset network. Tried everything. It seems when my email checks, it crashes safari. Any ideas?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having a real problem with iOS 7.0.4 update. My Safari, which has never crashed. Is crashing like crazy with this iOS. I've tried emptying the temp folders. Deleting site info, I've reset network. Tried everything. It seems when my email checks, it crashes safari. Any ideas?
Hello Colconn and welcome to the forum. So you said in another post in this thread 12 mins. later, which post has been deleted. Please don't duplicate a post as this fragments the conversation and is also against the rules. Thanks.
Andrew

Last edited:

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has no problem with IOS7. However a Google search on the problem shows that some people suffered the same problems when upgrading to IOS5 and IOS6 ! Please report your problem, "Safari crashes after upgrading iPad to iOS 7", to Apple using Apple's official feedback form: http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html - if sufficient people report it Apple may take some notice. Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts