Does anybody else have a problem with ios7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by spud58, Dec 13, 2013.

1. spud58

spud58
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ever since I went to ios7 I have had all kinds of problems my ipad in general is slower . apps on the ipad2 are slower and keep crashing .

2. chevyguy

chevyguy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yep I am having the same issues. Almost to the point of not enjoying using it anymore.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

3. spud58

spud58
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    same here

4. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an iPad 2 as well. I haven't experienced any consistent or constant anything. Maybe a little slower, but not much. I am still using my iPad as much as I have since the first day I bought it. Sorry guys for not having more to say.

5. Blue92

Blue92
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Battery life may be a bit shorter but otherwise no issues.

6. Kenneth D

Kenneth D
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a 3 and am experiencing lag, stuttering and random reboots occasionally. I'm going to back it up and wipe it.

7. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I recieved q lot of delayes and lags when I am closing apps, switcing between apps with gestures, and other things with multitasking. At least that is the only problem though.

8. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have a 2 and have no problems at all. Speed is, if anything, better, no lags, and battery life is exactly the same as with 6 (I keep a daily record of time used - settings usage - and percentage left). I also leave iPad plugged in overnight to recharge. A question. Have you rebooted after installing 7 ? If not try it. It can sort out a number of temporary problems. Instructions are in other threads in this forum. Best of luck. Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

9. cruiser111

cruiser111
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sorry you're having problems. My sweet iPad 2 purchased in April, 2012, is still smooth and fluid as the happy day I brought it home.
    Do a reboot about every other charge, just on general principles. That seems to keep all the little gremlins at bay.

10. jaycaw

jaycaw
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Crashing or freezing even seems to be a slight problem with the new Air device, but many of the special features that the new IOS 7 version have do not work on the older IPADs like your 2 edition. Have you also taken in the updates 7.0.4 which will correct some of the hiccups but not all. Evidently, Apple is coming out with more updates along the way to help correct some of the problems. Don't give up yet. Sorry, but the little microphone in the keyboard that is a IOS 7 feature will not work on your IPAD 2. I suggest you download the Dragon Dictation app (FREE version) and it will allow you to dictate in all keyboard situations and it works perfectly.