What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Adobe Reader mess with GoodReader?

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all. One reviewer in the app store said that after installing Adobe Reader he was no longer able to see GoodReader in his "Open In" lists. As far as I can see, that would render GoodReader useless!

Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone found a way for the two apps to co-exist?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a question of co-existence for the two apps, it's a question of Apple's limitations on the "Open In..." function.

You can only see 10 apps in the "Open In..." list. So, if loading Adobe Reader is the 11th app that can read PDFs, it may very well push off an older app that was already in the list. There is no controlling this process - nor does anyone really understand how it works.

The only thing I know to do is to delete some [in this example] PDF-reading apps until the number gets below 10. Then, you can see both Adobe Reader and GoodReader when looking at "Open In..."

Hope this reassures - though not necessarily help. But, what can you do?

Marilyn

P.S. And you've further solidified my opinion that sometimes ... the reviewers in the App Store have no clue... !! :D

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn, thanks for that extremely useful nugget of information.

Mark

Most reactions

Latest posts