What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodocase

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have one? I checked out their website and it looks perfect for me!

Never got detail on how it's installed and if easy to remove..

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks sturdy enough, and made in USA. BUT, if you fold the left sleeve under the ipad, like most people do with the current apple cover, it might start to break, like folding back a book cover.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read several reports and dicussions about DodoCase (notably on Macrumors forums) and some users seem to have a problem with the durability of the product, notably around the fragility of the frames as well as the wearing of the pads that secure the device in place.

About folding it backwards, a DodoCase representative on the Macrumor forums categorically stated that it can do that without breaking - although he added it is created using traditional book-binding methods, so there is a limit to how much and often you can manhandle the cover like that.

DodoCase does have the first-mover advantage of being one of the earliest and best-known brands for users looking for Moleskine-style cases. Other comparable cases I've seen include Caveman Case and Pad and Quill's Cover Vol.2, as well as Treegloo's fully-customizable cases (which comes at a fraction of the price of its competitors.) I've actually placed an order on a Treegloo, so waiting to see what it's really like.

Cuzin Eddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out portenza! I just went with that one...since there were so many quality issues with the dodo case.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean "Portenzo". Yes, that's another good alternative for a Moleskine-style case.

Cuzin Eddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received my "Portenzo" today and I must admit...I love it!!!!!!! Very nice quality!!!!!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If not for the fact that I already have more than enough cool cases for my device, I really like Portenzo's "Composition Book"-style case.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts