What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DocumentsToGo Troubleshooting

Mytherapyzine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I'm using the DocumentsToGo App and i synched some files from my PC to the app, they are open office files that were saved as .doc , but when i try to open them in the app an error message comes up that says:

"This document is corrupted and could not be opened. Open this document in Microsoft Word and performing a save as will fix the problem"

And when I click the blue arrow to try the "Open in" option nothing happens...

How can i open these files and re save them as a .doc (even though they already are .doc) ????

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved your post to the Help section as I thought it would receive better attention there. I hope that was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum moderator

OP
M

Mytherapyzine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I moved your post to the Help section as I thought it would receive better attention there. I hope that was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum moderator

Thanks

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Documents To Go assumes Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint...) Years ago, back when the Palm Pilot was the portable device, D2G was the first and only viewer for MS Office files. We are talking more than 10 years ago. It has since remained the foremost (IMO) MS Office viewer/editor out there for the mobile platform outside of Office for WinMo.

The other issue I see is you are using OpenOffice. It is not and never will be 100% Microsoft Office Compatible (as you are finding out). Something to TRY. On your Windows machine with OpenOffice, change the file to an RTF (Rich Text Format) and save it as document.rft and see what happens. D2G should not assume Word as the creator.

Most reactions

Latest posts